Tacoma rear seat platform

racemedic

Observer
I know I have seen a few do this but I searched and cannot seem to find any threads on it. I have a '03 Tacoma double cab and thinking about removing the rear seat and building a platform. Anyone have any pics on theirs? I have an idea on how I want to do mine but looking for other ideas.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I built one last year for our big camping trip. It came out pretty good. I was going to do a 2.0 version over the winter but the backseat will have to stay in this year due to an addition. I just made it out of plywood and put a 1x2 wood edging around it. I will post up a pic in the AM if I get a chance.

Blender

Adventurer
I started one for my first gen tundra, but I'm not done just yet. Here's a rough model of my plan:

Selfwithtruckinterior.png

It's made out of Faztek extruded aluminum (like 80/20 brand). It bolts to the back seat mounting points and through the floor.

and here is where i am so far:
Photo_156CC791-3784-4A4E-6FEC-DEBF8EF2553C.jpg

I need to buy some acrylic sheet, add some tie down points and chase down a rattle.

racemedic

Observer
I built one last year for our big camping trip. It came out pretty good. I was going to do a 2.0 version over the winter but the backseat will have to stay in this year due to an addition. I just made it out of plywood and put a 1x2 wood edging around it. I will post up a pic in the AM if I get a chance.

I was thinking plywood also with an edge around it to help keep things in place then carpet on top. Pics would be great when you can, thanks.

racemedic

Observer
I started one for my first gen tundra, but I'm not done just yet. Here's a rough model of my plan:

Selfwithtruckinterior.png

It's made out of Faztek extruded aluminum (like 80/20 brand). It bolts to the back seat mounting points and through the floor.

and here is where i am so far:
Photo_156CC791-3784-4A4E-6FEC-DEBF8EF2553C.jpg

I need to buy some acrylic sheet, add some tie down points and chase down a rattle.

Interesting stuff that Faztek. Is that one of the MPAC racks from Springtail Solutions? I was looking at them before but not sure if I want to spend that much on one. I have seen molle panels for about $40 and thought about doing 1 or 2 of them with some pouches. I like your design.

Blender

Adventurer
Interesting stuff that Faztek. Is that one of the MPAC racks from Springtail Solutions? I was looking at them before but not sure if I want to spend that much on one. I have seen molle panels for about $40 and thought about doing 1 or 2 of them with some pouches. I like your design.

It is one of the mpac racks. I agree that for what it is it costs a bit too much. The pouch zippers don't open wide enough for my taste. Multiple smaller panels would probably allow for more useable space. I prefer the vest style molle with the fabric loops that would be wall mounted. They hold tighter.

I am excited to see what other come up with.

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I haven't forgot. I just have been getting hammered with work (that 4-letter word!). I can get a pic of it tomorrow up.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Eh. I thought I had a pic of it installed but I cannot find it. I know its still sitting down the basement though if you want a pic but it isn't much to look at.

racemedic

Observer
Thats OK, thanks anyway. I sort of have an idea on how I want it, was just wondering what others have done. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online