Eezi-Awn Globetrotter ladder attachment

Ryan_S

Observer
Just got the RTT installed and the ladder attachment position doesn't look right.

It looks like the ladder should hook into the holes in the edge, but the ladder is about 4.5 inches too wide. Anyone else have this tent, and how does your ladder fit?

2951f185.jpg

STREGA

Explorer
Ladder attachment

I had a Globetrotter that I had bought used and the previous owner had made his own holes in the tent, it had 3 positions 1 at each end and 1 in the middle. I never used the middle position. Ezi-Awn could have done a better job on the ladder attachment IMO.

Ryan_S

Observer
Thanks for the reply. I don't have any interest in making my own holes.

Someone else here must have this tent too.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
I have one and my holes line up fine... My tent looks a little different than yours though (the fabric color is darker), so maybe it's an older model. I was going to make some new holes at one point to suit my layout better, but ended up leaving it. I know it seems rough to make holes in something new like that, but I don't think I'd hesitate if it wasn't fitting correctly, or your wanted a different setup? Just make sure to put some more thread on the sides of the new holes to add some strength to the fabric and avoiding ripping just like the other holes have. I also cut up the steel at the top to space the top of ladder further from the trailer so I could open my trailer doors. Point being, you could try modifying the top steel to make if fit the existing openings?

Don

-

Ryan_S

Observer
@elmo_4_vt: Any chance you could measure the width of your ladder? I'd like to figure out if they just cut the holes wrong, or changed the ladder.

I'm not really excited about modifying a $3500 tent for something that would have been apparently wrong if they would have just leaned the ladder against it one time.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Yeah, I should be able to measure it tonight... I keep it in the back of my trailer... I should also be able to get to the ladder holes. So if I think of it I'll take those measurements too.

Don

-

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
So I was trying to upload a picture, but my cell isn't uploading... So anyway, it's 15.75" outside to outside of the ladder. That could be maybe be 1/4" off because of my extensions, but "should" be pretty close. I'll try and upload the picture later tonight or tomorrow and put it up here.

Don

-

Ryan_S

Observer
This is the kind of thing that keeps SA from becoming a world power.

Lol.

Just measured my ladder, and it looks like it is the same size as elmo_4_vt's. The holes are ~10.5 inches center to center.

It looks like Eezi-Awn could just send me a new top piece to the ladder with the hooks at 10.5 centers and I could drill the pop rivets and bolt the new one on. If I was handy with a welder I could probably do it myself.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Are there any places where the ladder will fit? On mine, there are a few spots were the holes line up, and a few where they don't.

-

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Eezi Awn make wider ladders for the US market, seems as a nation Americans are adverse to narrow ladders :)

The holes in the tent are for the standard "rest of the world" ladders and as seen the holes don't match up. Initially we saw this as an issue until we realized that the ladder works best when it's just lent up against the tent rather than hooking it on.

Seems like the best solution would be to have Eezi Awn remove the hooks, or of course to remove the hooks yourself.

SoCal_80

Explorer
Eezi Awn make wider ladders for the US market, seems as a nation Americans are adverse to narrow ladders :)

The holes in the tent are for the standard "rest of the world" ladders and as seen the holes don't match up. Initially we saw this as an issue until we realized that the ladder works best when it's just lent up against the tent rather than hooking it on.

Seems like the best solution would be to have Eezi Awn remove the hooks, or of course to remove the hooks yourself.

Has anyone "fixed" the hook issue? It has always bothered me that i spent $$$$$$ on a tent that was not really complete. I have leaned the ladder against the side which "works" but the ladder fell over in the middle of the night on the last trip with my wife.Thus leaving me with a little bit of a leap to get down in the morning. Not fun. When alone, i just use the tire to get up and down but that really does not fly with the wife.

Marytn - Is it possible to Eez-Awn just send the top hook portion of the ladder over and owners like myself can rivet on the new piece?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior