1983 Land Cruiser BJ60- Ready to go

Viggen

Just here...
Sold...

Okay, so I am moving to England in about two or so weeks for school. I will be there for at least a year and as much as I absolutely love the truck, I cannot keep it as I dont want it to just sit there for an undefined amount of time. With that being said, I am now in the position where I have to sell it with a heavy heart. It really has been the best complete truck I have ever had. I have had it as my sole vehicle and therefore my daily driver for the 8 months that I have had it. It really needs nothing (unless you want to go bigger). It rides really well and wheels very well also. Since Ive had it, Ive installed a few more things, cleaned a few things up (wiring) and done some PM. Here is what she has:

- 3B with 347000km (Canadian truck so about 215000 miles). I think that the motor has been gone through at some point because the compression numbers are nice and high (480 480 470 460) and even. Oil pressure is better than spec from Toyota.
- H55 shifts great
- 4.11 gears with Detroit rear and I believe a TrueTrac front (both installed by the previous owner)
- MAF/ 4+ OME 4" lift with Shackle Reversal. Rides extremely well.
- MAF/ 4+ front winch bumper with 9500lb TMax. The TMax has a radio control remote and I just put new Amsteel/ Viking synthetic line on it a couple months ago
- Safari Snorkel
- MAF/ 4+ rear bumper with dual swingouts (one full size spare on one side and the other holds two jerry cans)
- IPOR custom welded on sliders
- 32x11.50 Pro Comp ATs that are basically brand new. Mounted on the stock 15" steel wheels
- Stock seats will be reinstalled and are in great shape for their age. They are not ripped, thread worn or torn. I want to keep the Procars that are in it.
- Cobra CB w/ PA
- WiredWagon Headlamp harness with waterproof relay box. Runs to a set of Roundye headlamps. Also have PIAA 520s on the front bumper
- Second fuse panel in the luggage area for accessories (I run an ARB fridge)
- Extra gauges to monitor the motor: ISSPRO OP gauge and Auber digital EGT gauge
- Tinted windows all around (cuts down on the heat)
- Interior is in great shape, as is the dash (always park it with one of those reflective things in the windshield)
- Newer radio and speakers (my guess is less than a year old)

Theres probably a few other things that I am missing but I cannot think of them. As for maintenance, I had a sticking rear shoe so I did new adjusters, shoes and rear wheel cylinders and everything, including the handbrake, now works as it should. I also had a sticking front caliper so I did new pads as well as replaced both calipers. New fluids in everything along with oil/ filter changes every 3000 miles. Flushed the fluid in the brake and clutch system. Straightened out some wiring issues under the hood. New exhaust manifold gasket and side cover gasket so there are no leaks. New glow plugs. Also rebuilt the injectors. The originals were in there when I got it and they leaked so I pulled them apart, replaced the nozzles with new ND ones and shimmed them to pop at the upper end of factory spec (I rebuilt them to prepare for a turbo'd future). The truck runs great. Still has the pull down shade in front of the radiator for cold weather. Body condition is excellent. The frame is solid with no rust and the body is in good condition. It was stripped and repainted in the original red by a previous owner. There is a small amount of filler in the rear that I have found but no rust in the typical 60 areas. There are two spots of rust on the drivers door in the area close to where the door seal is (have no idea why but its there but not growing). Only bad thing that I can think of is that it has no a/c, being a Canadian truck, but I drive it everyday here in humid Virginia and its really not that bad. That might actually be one of the only things that could be added to it.

Price: Looking for $14500. I think its fair considering you really dont need to do anything to it and by the time you add up all the parts on this, youd be well beyond the asking price. Its solid and I would drive it anywhere, and in fact have. I camp and fly fish a lot and this has taken me to NC, PA, MD, WV, and LA without any issues at all. It gets good mileage (see Fuelly badge below) and that helps when it comes to trail rides. Most stop to fuel up but I can keep going. Have the title in hand and although its a Canadian truck, its registered in Virginia so you are good to go anywhere.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

bj7.jpgundercarriage 2.JPG

More photos available. PM if youre seriously interested. I would literally drive this truck anywhere.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke