Final price- 1,300- 1993 rr lwb cnty

rover3

FINAL PRICE BEFORE REMOVING AD THANK YOU

1,300 gets you everything but the arb bumper

FIRST:::: I am really looking for an expedition ready vehicle... yes the lone wolf , camel trophy 110, or even the DEA h1 would be nice , I'm not there yet but I am at around 10k for a great used rig that has most or all of the stuff I want to put in mine already.... rtt or sleeping system/ power inverters/supplies/systems, with air / self recovery equip./ storage systems,racks,ladders,swing aways, fuel/water aux. / i'm more on the self sufficiency/comfort end

LONG STORY SHORT-

I live in Houston... I flew to Denver to buy RRC from someone who had it listed on ebay and craigslist... bought truck, ran great for the day... decided to drive back to houston.. anyway , engine overheated at 3 am... blew radiator hose , found out there was hardly any oil in it , burnt coolant everywhere...... end of story , had 3 hour tow ride to colorado springs airport and my truck is still in colorado at a rover shop. missed flight.. had to stay over.. blah blah now i'm back home and the shop is saying new engine. it had 170 on it... 4.2

so this is where I'm at.from an engine swap and build it yourself/keep it / turn it profit point of view: you get to choose what engine you want in it and poof it's ready to go. or buy it for the parts? truck is very clean, in and out. NO RUST, not even on the BRAND NEW TAILGATE AND GLASS(600) or around the NEW WINDSHIELD(600), or on the BRAND NEW ARB WINCH BUMPER(900) has optima red top battery, has space for second battery also... has the coil spring conversion with 2" lift done already.

very new bfg's all around... newer brakes, new starter, alternator, headliner
very nice stereo with kenwood head with usb /ipod input, JL audio sub and amp in FACTORY position. Factory rover all weather mats front and back, very nice... everything electronic WORKS , seats WORK, windows WORK, even the side window tilt
A/C blows cold , heater goes hot

The shop I dropped it at happened to be the one he used for service... they said they have records of 6 g's of work just from them.. and he said you used jc rovers also. no idea to verify that though.

I have more pictures I can email thanks

Jason 281 889 4037 call or text 0123jlb@gmail.com

Attachments

• DSC_.jpg
    DSC_.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC_7.jpg
    DSC_7.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_1001.jpg
    DSC_1001.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC_1003.jpg
    DSC_1003.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_1005.JPG
    DSC_1005.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_1000.jpg
    DSC_1000.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0992.JPG
    DSC_0992.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0996.JPG
    DSC_0996.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

LtFuzz

Explorer
You should probably post a price.

And don't expect to get much from a non-running '93 RRC. I would pull the ARB off of it and sell that separately because if it's brand new like you say it's worth almost as much as the rest of the truck. Maybe even pull the BFGs off too and sell those if they're in good shape.

bribassguy

Observer
So you bought a running truck, didn't check the oil, started a 1000 mile drive, blew a coolant line, toasted the engine and you want to sell it for what you paid for it?

I'd sell it too the shop and chalk this up as a loss.... the market for non running rover is really soft now. Even nice ones in good running condtion aren't bringing much. Just check the threads over at discoweb.

LtFuzz

Explorer
That actually looks like a pretty nice truck, especially if it is indeed 100% rust free. Bummer the motor is toast.

I would hang on to it dude and accumulate the parts to do a 4.6 swap. If that's beyond your ability a good way to cut labor costs is to fully prep the truck yourself -- remove the old motor and deliver the roller and new motor to the shop along with any parts that need to be replaced (motor mounts etc). It won't be cheap but it'll be a lot cheaper.

rover3

thanks for the input but one important note I"M IN HOUSTON AND TRUCK IS IN COLO.

makes it difficult to do anything with myself. There is someone in denver selling a 4.6 rebuilt 0 miles for 1500... shop says that sounds suspicious. too good to be true or running lol bpi in houston where I am at has a 4.2 with 100k they said would give me for 750. shipped up there 1000. is that my best bet or go with 4.6? since paying all labor to do swap anyway. Like I said this is the tough part.

they have a couple cool rovers for sale... one with a chopped top , conv. truck cab style orange /black but sold it few days ago.... I asked how much to chop top , they said few grand especially after "custom" soft top made ??? is this correct they seem like they know what they are doing and have seen one or two people I guess from the shop in the forums so I think they are pretty good ppl. also have a few tube vids of rock crawling.... they are quoting 20 hours for full swap and seals...

would you guys pay 2g's just for the labor? on top of engine 4.2 1000 or 4.6 1500?

let me know thanks...

if anyone is interested in the arb bumper, the jl audio or whatever , let me know

thanks

have to let them know by next week for sure what I'm going to do with it.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
for sure the 4.6. That will give you a tremendous power advantage. And if you can get the 4.6 for that - (it does sound too good to be true), i would go that route.
Thanks
D

SCRover

Adventurer
you mentioned JC's Rovers. is that where the truck is? if so, i have some familiarity with them. Jeff did an inspection of my D110 before I bought it. Just a visual, but quite thorough and he offered to do it "just cuz." seemed like a good guy.

ditto the 4.6 - not necessarily the one you've gotten a quote for through. good luck, man!

LtFuzz

Explorer
Jeff Corwin worked on my '96 DI when I was in college and his shop was just his driveway in Centennial -- stand up guy and I would trust his work and his prices all day.

I've never done a 4.6 swap myself but 20 hours doesn't sound too ridiculous.

If that truck is as clean as it looks and as rust-free as you say, and you can get a legit 4.6 for <$2000, you should be able to at least break even if you sell it. Just be honest with yourself and your plans for it. If you're going to spend any money on an engine replacement, spend the extra cash to put the 4.6 in. As for chopped tops -- yuck! :)

To be honest - and don't take any offense, I'm just telling you what I've seen -- you'll have a hard time getting more than $1000 for a broken RRC from the Rover crowd. Your bumper is worth close to half of that. You could part it out and get a lot more but doing a full part out is a huge PITA and requires a lot of room and several months of pulling and selling every little doo-hickey. You could try listing it on CraigsList for your asking price and see what happens.

Are they charging you to hold it up there? If not, I would just sit on it until I could scrape the cash together to do a 4.6 swap.

Good luck, dude.

Last edited:

rover3

it's at pikes peak... I think I am going to possibly trade it in and get one of their trucks. fully built... to the guy in california , call back or reply here?

anybody have under 15k cool truck, possibly expedition ready like I put in post, interested in land rovers, scouts, toyotas, jeep if it's decked out , old g wagons,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles