Hannibal Impi vs Autohome Columbus

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Have my eye on this style of tent, would love to hear everyone's opinions especially those that have tried out both.

Seems that the hannibal is about 50lbs heavier but comes with a 3" vs 2.5" mattress.

Any other major differences? Hannibal is at around 1k less as well.

Thanks
Sam

Last edited:

K2ZJ

Explorer
Hannibal is at around 1k less as well.

We are not being judgemental right off the start but with having the Maxtrax and Element ramps right next to eachother, we would not purchase the Element ramps again if we had a choice between the two due to the following main reason: you buy a product that is half the price and when you have to use it to get you out of your situation, it will get you unstuck but in the process, the equipment fails or breaks. You are still out trying to get to where you are going, you get stuck again, what will get you out when you have the pieces of your product that was supposed to get you out.

The Maxtrax might be more money, but it is durable enough to recover your vehicle multiple times, in turn saving you from spending more money and time stuck on the trail...

It seems more money equals better. According to Hannibal USA.

ssssnake529

Explorer
I know nothing about the Hannibal. I do own a Columbus. The mattress is very very comfortable. I don't think that concerns about the relative thickness of the mattresses should sway you. I really like the Columbus. So far, I have no complaints.

gabepari

Explorer

I would say that this judgment was made after having both products side by side and comparing them to one another. The OP is looking for someone that has personal experience with both tents that can comment on the differences between the two.

What is that statistic that says the majority of people die in hospitals? You better stay out of hospitals then :drool:

K2ZJ

Explorer
I would say that this judgment was made after having both products side by side and comparing them to one another. The OP is looking for someone that has personal experience with both tents that can comment on the differences between the two.

What is that statistic that says the majority of people die in hospitals? You better stay out of hospitals then :drool:

Read the whole thread and then this. Make up your own mind.

Thanks not exactly what I was saying with all products.

Oh, of course, of course.

AxeAngle here is a topic discussing mattress comfort.

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
We are currently out of Impi tents hand have a handful of people that are ready to buy, So if you wanted one just lets us know..

And K2ZJ thank you for your input and hope you have a wonderful day!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94