pickup truck w/cap VS a Van ? i am undecided

Muleman

The Journey
I second the motion for the pickup when setup correctly for the longstay journey's. The Pickup also seem's to have a bit better touch of manueverability , lower center of gravitiy, & can handle more aquard steep angles better! Which is probably a big plus when in tight situation's.

THe Expedition Van is very solid, more plush & seem's can offer more dedicated comfort standard do to natural design. But what I've noticed in some video demonstration's is that the platform seem's to be very top heavy & non-forgiving to operator error.

BCHauler

Adventurer
I have owned both; first an Astro van extensively modified with a 5.7 v8 amongst other things, and an older f150 and now super duty. I LOVED my van. My reasons for moving from the van were twofold: general vehicle boredom (happens with all of my vehicles) and that it no longer suited my needs (ie. I destroyed the interior using it like a truck).

While I love the capability of a truck, if my life fit another vehicle I'd get a van, no doubt about it. They really are the most versatile, least appreciated segment of the auto world IMHO.

cwsqbm

Explorer
I've had my share of vans and pickup trucks.

For normal daily use, I prefer a pickup - messy smelly stuff in back isn't a problem, and hauling tall objects isn't a problem.

For travel, I prefer a van. I like being about to have plenty of interior room for people without having to go to a crew cab truck (which won't fit in my garage or short driveway unless I get the almost useless really short bed versions like my last Dakota). Also, with a van, its easy for a rear seat passenger to grab food and drinks while driving, instead of stopping and opening up the back of the truck. Being able to climb behind the second row of seats and lay down when stopped without going outside is a major plus too.

bftank

Explorer
i vote paid for.

some good advice posted.

personally i wouldn't do a van, but my needs are different and i am not you.

sorry to hear about your loss. my condolences.

bfdiesel
Suburban Half van. Half truck. All awesome.

thats funny! but true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94