AT Chaser

Papa

Observer
Will an AT Chaser with tailgate allow for a sliding Engel type fridge or must the fridge be accessed by tipping the top?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The good news is the lid to the main box can be lifted up with the tent deployed or closed.

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
The good news is the lid to the main box can be lifted up with the tent deployed or closed.

Take care when closing it back up, though. It is possible to jam the aluminum plates on the underside of the tent platform that slide together when it is open. ;-)

I like to keep my fridge in my vehicle, anyway, but it is nice that you can open and close the lid with the tent deployed.

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
The botton of the tailgate is higher than the floor of the trailer, so even for a smaller fridge a slide wouldn't work unless you built it up level with the opening.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Take care when closing it back up, though. It is possible to jam the aluminum plates on the underside of the tent platform that slide together when it is open. ;-)

Great advice. We find our tent to be a little fussy as far as getting the metal flanges to align properly. One night we decided to pack up late at night due to an approaching storm, and we didn't get the flanges aligned when we closed the lid. Woke up in the middle of the night to a large kerchunk as the foot end of the tent dropped off the flange. Not to say you can't open the lid with the tent open, just be aware of how the flanges align when you close the lid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94