Land Rover Defender concept expected in Frankfurt

OzX

Adventurer
Story:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/05/land-rover-defender-concept-expected-in-frankfurt/

Doesn't look as scary as some other concept vehicles! I kind of like it
fire002d2e4.jpg

That's not actually the concept vehicle. That's just a placeholder image, as the actual concept hasn't been unveiled yet.

Snagger

Explorer
That's the "Fire" version from the "Fire and Ice" limited editions, about a year after the original SVX 60th Anniversary special edition used the same lights and grille. The "Ice" version looked better, with pearlescent white in lieu of the orange, but I still think both are ugly as hell. I'd have a standard XS any time...

discotdi

Adventurer
Where do they come up with this 60k to 80k annual sales figure? I think the current Def. Sells about 20k annually now and LR only sells a bit over 100k worldwide for all models. Surely LR/Tata doesn't expect the new Def. To sell 1/2 of all worldwide sales?

Viggen

Just here...
Where do they come up with this 60k to 80k annual sales figure? I think the current Def. Sells about 20k annually now and LR only sells a bit over 100k worldwide for all models. Surely LR/Tata doesn't expect the new Def. To sell 1/2 of all worldwide sales?

If the concept is like what has been speculated on before, their sales might jump as it will no longer be a farm implement. The Disco, RR and Freelander/ Evoque have all moved upscale, the Defender is all thats left. It wouldnt surprise me if it moved upscale too. They move upscale, they will attract more buyers which means more sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles