m416 tub weight

T_TT

I was able to find the total weight of the M416. Does anyone know the exact weight of just the tub?

I'm pondering the idea of removing the tub and attaching my box tent for a small truck to the frame if it will remain under 1000 lbs. (453kg). Overall I would create a platform so I could swap back between the tub and box tent.

Thanks in advance.

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
I don't have an exact weight but if I had to guess, I'd guess around 200 lbs. I have 3 of them in the shop right now I'm working on and have moved the tub on/off the frame of two of them by myself without assistance. The third is a full frame off build so it's a little more difficult due to height on 37" tires. I'm keeping one, the third-not sure what to do with... :coffeedrink:

I think total weight is around 567 lbs. if I remember from data plates on these. Frame alone isn't much when totally stripped down. Axle/tires are pretty heavy as are the landing leg and assembly-each piece weighs a fair amount. I'd guess the tub to be around 200 lbs. I have to weigh a skid plate here in the next couple days so if you don't get an answer, maybe I'll try to fanagle the tub onto the bathroom scale and see what it looks like. Probably won't be today, but I'll get back to you if you don't get a solid answer before then.

Your project sounds interesting-be sure to post some pics!

Best of Luck,

Mike

T_TT

If you could weigh it that would be great. I've searched all over the internet and was unsuccessful at finding just the weight of the tub, or just the weight of the frame without the tub.

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
I've got the tub painted now and drying. Give it maybe tomorrow if I can work it out and I'll try to weigh it and let you know.

Best of Luck,

Mike

Aguanga

Google: Willys MB trailer tub.... companies sell reproduction new tubs. They have the weights and should be accurate (used for freight).

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
Well weighing this thing wasn't quite as easy as it could have been without a second hand to help out. I was able to get a few weights though as it kind of surprised me at first. Let's just call the average weight to be 165 lbs. Even lighter than I'd thought. But, my 12 yo was able to lift it and help carry it so I'd guess that to be pretty dang close. Had numbers between 163-168 so I'm calling it 165. :) Oh-this is factory M416 tub with paint, no fenders and all tie-downs still in tact, nothing removed. Drain plugs in it also.

Hope that helps.

Best of Luck,

Mike

T_TT

Thanks.

After some discussion with the wife we ended up selling the camper. Although we liked it, the camper wasn't exactly what we were looking for. With winter around the corner plans are on hold until spring. Then we'll either look at a teardrop of some sort or look to convert the M416 into some sort of camper. Until then I'm getting some good ideas on where we want to go should we convert the M416.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94