Green Tdi '97 XD Disco I

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Here is the Rover the way it is supposed to be!! Imagine a Special Vehicles truck converted to Tdi, then massaged by ECR after a few years in Africa- WOW!! This XD is exactly that- she got a brand new Tdi at 70k, now has 133k, and had the 60k service as well as cosmetic repairs done by ECR only 2k miles ago (see http://www.eastcoastrover.com/223.html for details). She stills has all the XD kit- LR fuel tank skid, LR rear diff guard, and LR front axle guard, low profile SD rack, and the best part- no s/r's or even holes for the roof rails!! The Tdi runs amazingly well and has a Mantec snorkle. The orig seats were stored for the two years the truck was in Africa, and have just been reinstalled- they look like new!! A second battery has been fitted to the rear cargo area, as well as winch/jumper hook ups at the tow hitch- along with factory towing harness. The floor has been Rhino lined (not positive as to brand, sorry), there is an Alpine Sirius radio installed, and light wiring harness and switches for the roof rack lights are present- just need to add your lights and plug 'em up!! She also has an OME +2" lift and brand new 245/75-16 Bridgestone tires, ARB front bumper, and D-II cup holders. The truck currently has ARB lockers w/ 4.10 gears and HD axles F&R, which can be removed for a $2.5k credit. Lastly, the PO had the truck professionally painted Epsom Green so as not to call attention whilst traveling in Africa- the AA yellow still remains in the engine bay, as does the Special Vehicles plackard. All in all, quite a truck with quite a heritage. And just to sweeten the pot, she also has the manifold heater for hot showers whilst in the bush:) Attached are a few pics, and more can be seen on the Ebay listing which also starts this evening. Feel free to contact me with questions/offers, $19,950.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    418.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 229

overlander

Expedition Leader
I've seen this and it's an pretty nice package. Fantastic foundation for an overland vehicle requiring no modification to get out and going. And the TDI is SOOO easy to work on and service in the field if needed.

Update: I just realized this one is likely different from the one I recently saw at your place that was also green with a 5 speed, but still nice with that TDI and locker setup. If ECR did work on it, then it must nice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier