Simple Drawer Mod for 5th Gen 4Runner

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Hi all,

Here is a simple drawer system that fits my 5th gen TE 4runner. It fits the slide out tray and is connected with 4 easy to reach bolts. I left the back 6" to create a cubby to carry a rifle, that with the seats up can be kept out of view. The drawers are made form a baltic birch 9 ply, paint with black satin latex. The slides are 24" full extension Accuride drawer slides. The drawers are about 6" x 20" x 24". THe actual box is 8" high and allows me to access all my everyday goodies without digging through the locker I was using.

photo-58.jpg
[/IMG]

photo-59.jpg
[/IMG]

The cubby:

photo-60.jpg
[/IMG]

Finished closed:

photo-57.jpg
[/IMG]

Finished:

photo-61.jpg
[/IMG]

Finished fully extended:

photo-56.jpg
[/IMG]

Pat

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Thank you!

I believe it weighs in around 50#'s...the plastic locker I had weighed about 12#'s...so some much needed organization is going to be the trade off of weight.

I was just tired of digging for everything....and of course anything you need is at the bottom.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Nice job Pat!

Thanks Jacque....wish I was a bit closer to you, I'm down in San Antonio till Sunday, would love to have a beer together.

@Reata Rover...I'll do an accurate Google Sketchup that will be available early next week....if you need to accommodate a different size or specific area than let me know.

@Java....you're the same guy helping SeattleMike ? If you need anything let me know.

Pat

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
Thanks Jacque....wish I was a bit closer to you, I'm down in San Antonio till Sunday, would love to have a beer together.

Your a lot closer than normal :). We are having a local club meeting tonight, it's only a 4 hour drive from S.A., swing by I'll buy dinner and beer.:elkgrin:

Jacque

joneseyyy

Explorer
I am also very interested in seeing the google sketchup...I would love to have drawer system to secure/lock my recovery gear, and maybe add an addition platform piece to make a sleeping platform.

8pointer

First time post here. Your drawer system is the epitome of what I want in my 2010 with slide tray! Could I possibly trouble you to spread as much detail as you feel up to in design, cost, 'oops wish I'd of done this instead of that' type data? I love the slide tray and use it a ton so don't want to lose it. Look slike you can slide the tay out and still use the box love that. Thanks for any tips or tricks. Awesome design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94