Wireless Courtesy Lights

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Expo,

I searched but didn't come up with much as to the addition of courtesy lights plus the ability to turn them on remotely. I'm using Maxxim LED's on my trailer for marker lights and the output is good, good enough for non-irritating courtesy lighting. LED lighting is rumored not to attract as many bugs (un-confirmed). I thought how convenient would it be if you were to awake in the middle of the night in your RTT due to a call from nature and tried not to kill yourself getting out of the RTT. Find the key fob and click instant ground lighting that will aid in a safe decent.

Thought?

The LED's are available from a variety of seller on flee bay and the controllers 1 channel through 4 are available from overseas also via Flee bay.

Aaron

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I used battery operated LEDs all over the Conqueror.
I recently saw lights like you're describing at Costco; seems like a good idea.

I've got 4 motion-activated battery LED lights that I put around the trailer at night. Helps to navigate around without having to use a flashlight; I don't like to spoil the starlight by burning a light or lantern. It also scares raccoons away.

Ryan_S

Observer
Something like this?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...Page2Disp=/specs/universal_remote_control.htm
RemoteControlSystem.jpg

haven't used it, but plan on trying it out when I get around to wiring in RTT lights.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I had plans on a 3/4" led mounted under each corner of the trailer, effectivley illuminating the ground. I saw strip LED on AT's site? and found something similar on flee bay in a roll of however long you may like. THose would work well under the awnings for task lights while cooking or mixing drinks. I too hat spoiling the Star lit nights as they are rare in populated areas of FL.

A

More like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Remote...s=63&clkid=1925996870766734955#ht_6214wt_1037

481711753_o.jpg

A

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I just leave the whole outside perimeter burn all night,,,if they all equate to one amp it would be a lot. I also use some of those "tap" pucklights.

photo-63.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior