Fabrication Shop in DC Area - Trailer Lids

jefhuf

Getting ready to begin with a trailer project but would like to find a fabrication shop in the Northern VA/Washington DC area that can bend/weld up a lid for a military style trailer...any suggestions?

jefhuf

I did do a google search and have made some calls...was asking the forum to see if anyone here had personal experience or recommendations of shops, not to explain how the internet works.

bmxer06pa

Adventurer
Black_zj...thanks for the link. The first thing that shows up is this thread. I'm sure your experience in Utah will be pertinent here. Keep padding that post count.

jefhuf

No, that one was sold to someone from FL but I am picking up a trailer from PA on Friday...basically a 416 knockoff but it'll do for now!

Outbackhack

I can't recommend anyone yet, but I'm going to be starting work on converting a utility trailer myself this Fall and would be interested to know what places you find that can help with fabrication.

jefhuf

Outbackhack, I have had the most promising discussions with Dixie Sheetmetal so far although i am waiting for a few other guys to return my calls. As the build progresses I will start a thread and/or let you know how it goes

DividingCreek

Explorer
Any of you guys have someone locally that can tig well ? I have two series roofs I want to cut down and graft together for a lid for my Sankey trailer and tig is outside my skill set.

jefhuf

I know that Charles has played a little but Ed Kang has the skills...not sure how long it's been since he's used it though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior