show us your truck bed trailers

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
It's a first gen tundra bed, same as the truck. I replaced the axle w a 3500# and custom ordered the length to match the track of the truck wheels. The frame isn't the tundra frame, but from a 4x7' trailer.
Ah, couldn't tell. The fender and tail lights looked different from the truck to the trailer.

Ya, I did the same, I'm running a 4x8 trailer frame

95ZJjeep

RTT trailer build.jpg

Been working on this project for a few weeks now. Little test run in my local area. Figure out placement of items etc.
Any suggestions on lighting i could mount to the bottom of the tent?

davis31052

Adventurer
Another truck bed option

Often times the below type trucks can be picked up at .GOV auctions cheap. While the truck itself isn't street legal in most of the US, the beds or bodies could be used for EXPO trailer builds. Just an idea for someone looking for a light weight, narrow tracked body for a build. I believe they come in 6 and 8 ft x 4ft configurations.

Attachments

• vantage.jpg
    vantage.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 98
  • suzuki.jpg
    suzuki.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 95

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
View attachment 358964

Been working on this project for a few weeks now. Little test run in my local area. Figure out placement of items etc.
Any suggestions on lighting i could mount to the bottom of the tent?

Like for lighting up the ladder? So far I've got one strip inside of a, not sure what it's called actually, but it's actually a channel to install an LED strip inside...I got it at a local electronics store, but I'll try to post up a pic for you later; I don't have it on me at the moment. I get my LED strips from Dx.com...cheapest by far, and they've been great. I've ordered 6 rolls so far (used 2 and gave my dad one, I haven't had time to do the rest). For LED strips, the number is the size of the LED, and I ordered mine in SMD5050, so the largest they make in the strips, waterproof of course. I didn't want to do RGB. It's cool, but I wanted simplicity and no need for a remote.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
We built this trailer from scratch with a heavy duty frame and a mid sized service bed. I never use it and would be willing to part with the whole thing or just the bed or shell.

ghostshaper

13627949_2059856364239770_1238560580_n.jpg

One more of our rig and matching trailer. Half-heartedly put it on CL, but if we don't let it go, we'll probably take it to Death Valley this Thanksgiving

corleykj

56 Ford Trailer

I just picked this up last night. A little heavy for my old land cruiser to pull, and too heavy to slow going down a mountain. We will see what happens to it. Great thread with awesome ideas and trailers!

AHHH, why is the picture upside down?

Attachments

• 56 ford trailer.jpg
    56 ford trailer.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 76

Flat_Ernie

Observer
Love this thread - had been thinking of using a utility body for extra storage/gear and base-camp setup...lots of great ideas here!!

Love this thread - had been thinking of using a utility body for extra storage/gear and base-camp setup...lots of great ideas here!!

Me too!! Only problem I'm seeing is weight, empty swb utility beds are 1,500#. Probably not a big deal since I'll be pulling it with a Ford Excursion, just going to be a little heavy with gear in It.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flat_Ernie

Observer
Me too!! Only problem I'm seeing is weight, empty swb utility beds are 1,500#. Probably not a big deal since I'll be pulling it with a Ford Excursion, just going to be a little heavy with gear in It.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the fiberglass ones for mini-trucks? How much do they weigh? Anyone??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke