show us your truck bed trailers

Damaged 1

Here is one more

I don't know the year exactly ...somewhere between 1960 -1966 fleetside Chevy....painted it with a roller !G4 015.JPG

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Damaged 1:

That is a cool trailer, What is the platform for on the rear below the bumper?
Looks like what the local PennDot trucks use to place cones on the turnpike in construction zones.

Damaged 1

Damaged 1:

That is a cool trailer, What is the platform for on the rear below the bumper?
Looks like what the local PennDot trucks use to place cones on the turnpike in construction zones.

Thanks ...... I don't know where the step came from , it was on there when I bought it.....it does come in handy getin' in and out .......

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
I've built a few Truck bed trailers. In all I have 6 trailers. I've only bought one of them, and that was because I was in a bind with a broke down car on the other side of the Country that I needed to haul home. Even had to buy a pickup to haul it home with.

A few years ago I was given an Isuzu Pickup bed for the taking.
So I made a trailer out of it and gave it to a friend. Here's how we outfitted it so he could take his 5 kids camping.
DSCN0565.jpg

Yea, the bed is too short in the front, so we built a rack for the spare and firewood, 12 volt battery for lighting and fans for the tent, gas & water cans Yada yada yada.... It worked well for his application and it has a 6 bike bicycle rack built on top too.
I was going to swap the ends on it and move the tailgate, but he's happy with it the way it is.

DSCN0564.jpg

I picked this one up a few months ago from my Aunts Farm.
She'd passed away a few years earlier and her sons asked if I wanted it.
Since I actually built it for her back in the 67 to haul feed to her cows and harvest my strawberry patch I jumped on it. It was my first trailer build and I made it for her out of an old broke down pickup she had on her farm. I was 16 at the time.....

Here it sits on my buggy trailer I built many years ago.

DSC02337.jpg

It's a 1951 GMC step side bed missing the fenders. The steel has a rust coat on it, but none rusted through.
Here's the original tailgate. It was black when I built it!
Here's the tail gate. Complete with spider webs.

DSC02351.jpg

One of these days I'm going to soda blast it clean and repaint and rebuild it. Just for fun and so my wife can go to the plant nursery in her 4 Runner.

I've got another one that I built using the front suspension of the Isuzu Truck I made the trailer out of. This one steers but it doesn't have a bed on it yet.

I'll show it some other time. It's my tight trailer trailer because it will steer around trees and rocks by wireless remote control from the cab.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
This one is now for sale if anyone is interested. Check out the For Sale ads.

Not sure if this is exactly what you meant, but here's mine as it sits now...

0516001558.jpg

img_5797.jpg

img_5812.jpg

And since it always get's asked, the utility bed is all Aluminum and weighs in at about 375 empty (sans frame/tent/etc.)

Don

-

J.McGowan

Elmo,
I found the picture of your trailer on google images while designing my dream camping trailer, and used it on my blog as an example. If that's not cool and you want me to remove it just LMK and I will ASAP. The picture actually led me here and I finally registered, previously I'd just been lurking for a while on E.P. without ever posting.
Thanks,
Joe

PS- here's a link to the blog if you wanna see how I'd design mine: http://tandjoehammed.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-camp-trailer-idea.html

mgeiger

Observer
Austintaco. I have been smitten with that trailer since I saw it when Jeff had it listed.

I'd love to find an old Toyota longbed - bolt up a set of wheels & 33s to match my 100-Series and set up a multi use home depot run utility/camping/kayak carrier.

If anyone can elaborate on the best way of finding a cheap donor vehicle beyond craigslist, it would be appreciated.

java

Expedition Leader
Austintaco. I have been smitten with that trailer since I saw it when Jeff had it listed.

I'd love to find an old Toyota longbed - bolt up a set of wheels & 33s to match my 100-Series and set up a multi use home depot run utility/camping/kayak carrier.

If anyone can elaborate on the best way of finding a cheap donor vehicle beyond craigslist, it would be appreciated.

Cheap is Craigslist, wrecking yards want way too much

winstonclein

Awesome set up Don.
I wonder who made your RTT for the trailer.

Not sure if this is exactly what you meant, but here's mine as it sits now...

0516001558.jpg

img_5797.jpg

img_5812.jpg

And since it always get's asked, the utility bed is all Aluminum and weighs in at about 375 empty (sans frame/tent/etc.)

Don

-

austintaco

Explorer

Yes, check craigslist, but do wide area search on either searchtempest.com or dailylister. Check the auto parts and the farm and garden section for trailers.

2fjs

75 toy hilux bed on custom frame

Puerto Rico-Camping-San Diego 087.jpgPuerto Rico-Camping-San Diego 084.jpg

Attachments

• Puerto Rico-Camping-San Diego 084.jpg
    Puerto Rico-Camping-San Diego 084.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195

moranton

Here is my set up, it is also a work in progress. It is getting a little heavy for my Tacoma, with a 1985 Four Wheel camper with 15 gallons of water and 4 car batteries. I started with a flip pac on this trailer and loved it, but the flip pac needed more work then I wanted to put into it. Found the Four Wheel camper super cheap and it has a heater. Besides being heavy the Four Wheel camper is a bit to wide for most trails. So I am trying to find a lighter set up, I am thinking a wildernest, or building my own "flip pac" I hate the look of the flip pac, why can't they make them look normal!

I had issues with to much weight on the trailer causing the trailer to sway out of control. To fix this I have Bilstein stocks, Trail blazer sway bar, and Air lift air bags also I have put all 4 batteries on the front for tung weight.

IMG_0110.jpgIMG_0125.jpgIMG_0128.JPGIMG_0137.JPGIMG_0142.JPGIMG_0144.jpgIMG_0158.jpgIMG_0465.JPGIMG_0466.JPGIMG_0468.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94