Custom Aluminess Power Wagon Bumper

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I leave the bugs as a testiment to other freeloading bugs.. that I am NOT a taxi and they will pay for a ride... with there life! :sombrero:

The Custom, Slimline model Aluminess Bumper, with Hella 4000 Driving lights and shackles ran approx$ 2500 and change.

The cool thing about this is that for me, it was a DIRECT influnence from the Aluminess equipt 2010 PW I saw at Over Expo 2011... definatley shows the value of having a product showcased at an event like that.

Here are a few more shots after hooks and Hellas...

Time for this project was about 4 hours. It required so much thought and concentration I didin't even drink beer during it. (besides using straps under tention, winches, tractors, floorjacks, and heavy objects while drinking is probably a bad idea) :)

Last edited:

Tahoe Diesel

Observer
I leave the bugs as a testiment to other freeloading bugs..

Can't leave 'em on my GM. With the rad, condenser and coolers stacked 3 deep, air flow to the thermo-coil on the fan clutch is horrible. I have to flush the bugs when there's a high body count, else it overheats. Doesn't help the A/C either. Probably not a problem with your PW as it looks like you've got good air flow design.

Boz

Observer
That bumper looks great man. I wish there was a way to get a winch bumper that close on the diesels. I think you could set up a lawn chair on the front of the non-slimline model lol.

Aluminess

Observer
That bumper looks great man. I wish there was a way to get a winch bumper that close on the diesels. I think you could set up a lawn chair on the front of the non-slimline model lol.

Dodge puts the intercooler so far forward that its difficult to make a bumper that will fit a winch without coming so far out. We try our best to hide the size of the bumper with different styles of brush guards, but there isn't much else we can do.

sapper

Adventurer
Dodge puts the intercooler so far forward that its difficult to make a bumper that will fit a winch without coming so far out. We try our best to hide the size of the bumper with different styles of brush guards, but there isn't much else we can do.

What about making the mount on the top of the bumper or somewhat recess. With the winch higher and recessed "frenched" into the bumper. I would love one of your bumpers for my diesel.

I am still considering one for the rear w/tire carrier.

Aluminess

Observer
What about making the mount on the top of the bumper or somewhat recess. With the winch higher and recessed "frenched" into the bumper. I would love one of your bumpers for my diesel.

I am still considering one for the rear w/tire carrier.

We like to set the winch up to pull directly off the frame. When you start to offset the winch you increase stress points where parts can fail. We also like the idea of locking the winch inside of our bumper to keep greedy hands and thieves away.

ExpoMike

Yeah, I was out visiting Aluminess regarding a bumper on my '97 Dodge Ram CTD and how far it sticks out is definitely a sticking point. It makes the truck look like it has a serious overbite and fat lip all at once. Not sure what the answer is. :(

JamesDowning

Explorer
That is a sweet looking bumper. It really follows the truck's lines well. Did I understand correctly that the bumper uses the stock (?) winch mounting location.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
That is a sweet looking bumper. It really follows the truck's lines well. Did I understand correctly that the bumper uses the stock (?) winch mounting location.

Yes.. the only reason I had to unbolt, and then re-attach the winch is to get access to a couple PITA bolts. The winch stays in it's factory bombproof location, which was a HUGE reason I went for this model.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader

Bingo.. also the reason no diesel Power Wagon. :(

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
All the winch bumpers I've seen have the "fat lip" look to accomodate the winch.

Fusion bumpers offers a non-winch type bumper and Aluminess offered to build me a Powerwagon type that wouldn't protude so much similiar to the OP's photo.

I love the stock Dodge bumper design. I'd just like to clone one in steel with a receiver hitch.

Boz

Observer

No I understand that. Basically any bumper I get for my truck is gonna protrude a bit and theres not a thing can be done about it. But that slimline model is sharp.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Here are a few pics of my bumper in action. I have been working in Roswell , NM, and my Power Wagon came to the rescue today after my spray rig (Yamaha Rhino) was major stuck in mud. I love this bumper, it was a very good sight to see this being able to get close enough for a 120 foot recovery. ( used the ARB snatch strap as a winch extender).

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
And yes, I KNOW I need NEW MUD TIRES. No need to mention that. In fact, ALL of my profit from this job is going to Rhino upgrades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles