I have a lot of plans for my new to me M101A2 but it is going to take a while once we move to the new house.
I will post some before pictures once I get home in a couple of days.
I have already replaced all the electrical and mounted a pair of LED lights, removed at least 10lb of bolts in the trailer and a bunch of conduit (old genset trailer).
Overall the trailer is in good shape but I will share my plans.
- Sandblast entire trailer and frame
- Weld-up all old bolt holes and any rust (very little rust)
- Line-x entire trailer tub inside and out
- Paint the frame.
- Either remove tailgate and make a custom one to include ramps or modify stock one (including bear claw latches). Stock one has a 1/4" plate welded on it already making it very heavy
- Mount 30 Gallon water tank under bed
- Mount Sureflo pump
- Mount topside boxes on each side
- Mount tounge box with dual batteries
- Mount Solar charger
- Shower unit
- modify existing aluminum cage to use a RTT or carry additional gear
- Install custom bedslide
- replace pintle with 2 5/16 ball coupler
May also replace axle with a 7000lb axle with electric brakes in place of the hydro brakes.