H3T Truck bed rack for RTT

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Well I have to say this rack couldnt have looked better on my truck IMO. I picked it up last week and after some welding and paint I had left over from painting my rims I had it ready. I havent seen one of these on an H3T before so thought I would share. Thanks again Jeremy! Now just to find a roof tent :D
df71345d.jpg

37b5c1b8.jpg

20129dde.jpg

0536c1fd.jpg

e9384fb4.jpg

wardrow

Adventurer
What type of drive train is in that thing? does it have lockers? What kind of fuel economy are you seeing?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanks everyone! For the person who asked about drive train lockers etc im not sure the type of transmission but it has a straight 5 cylinder with 239 hp and 241 lb/ft of torque. It has front and rear lockers and last time I checked I averaged at around 14 but i drive in the city a lot with a lot of added weight.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
same underpinnings as a Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon, I believe.

There is some overlap between the Colorado and the H3, mostly the I-5 block and 4l60e transmission. The intake on the H3 was modified to be lower (to clear the lower hood height), the differentials on the H3 are Cast Iron (on newer models) vs Cast Aluminum, forged control arms instead of stamped, full-time 4wd transfer case in H3 v 2wd/4wd selectable in the colorado, lower gear ratio in the H3 (I think 64:1 in the I-5 version). I think the Z71 Colorado has more in common with the H3, but not 100% sure about that. I don't believe you can get lockers in the Colorado/Canyon.

TXH3T - your truck is looking awesome! Makes me want to get rid of my H3 and switch to a truck. You are doing a great job representing the brand and using your truck for exactly what it was designed for!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
There is some overlap between the Colorado and the H3, mostly the I-5 block and 4l60e transmission. The intake on the H3 was modified to be lower (to clear the lower hood height), the differentials on the H3 are Cast Iron (on newer models) vs Cast Aluminum, forged control arms instead of stamped, full-time 4wd transfer case in H3 v 2wd/4wd selectable in the colorado, lower gear ratio in the H3 (I think 64:1 in the I-5 version). I think the Z71 Colorado has more in common with the H3, but not 100% sure about that. I don't believe you can get lockers in the Colorado/Canyon.

TXH3T - your truck is looking awesome! Makes me want to get rid of my H3 and switch to a truck. You are doing a great job representing the brand and using your truck for exactly what it was designed for!

Thanks! whats the point of buying one if you dont use it! I love the T though you should switch :cool:

FROADER

Adventurer
The rig looks great! I like the rack design, which is very similar to mine. :) :cool:
Mine is lower to keep the RTT out of the wind while driving.

I also made some brackets for my Yakima ski/mtb racks to fit on the cross bars.

Here is mine I built last year.

Rack_RRT.jpg

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
That looks great! Ya I like that yours is positioned out of the wind. I think for me my truck bed is so small that extra vertical space might be worth it. We'll see as time goes on I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior