H3T Truck bed rack for RTT

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
Thanks! whats the point of buying one if you dont use it! I love the T though you should switch :cool:

With 65k on my 3, and starting to get into constant-maintenance issues (front axle seal leak, bushing replacements, sloppy steering column), I'm seriously starting to think about it...maybe after the Hollister rally (when I win another Expedition Trophy :victory:) I'll go test drive a few.

One thing I was though, would be a Flip-Pac or similar...I can sleep in the back of the 3 pretty easy (me + 2 dogs), and would want the same flexibility with the T. Have you looked at campers/Flip-Pacs for the T?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Ya that what I was really looking for but sorry to say its shape is so different I havent found one that fits. And your making me feel like my trucks old! Its and 09 buuuutttttt it has 62k on it :smiley_drive: I guess I just cant help but love driving it

bldeagle10

Explorer
lol the only time I've seen your truck was sitting in traffic but I loved it, it is looking fantastic! makes me want to get ahold of one and do some major work to it :)

REDROVER

Explorer
those h3ts are not cheap. specially the alpha ones wow and not even easy to find one., but it is one sweet truck that comes off road ready.

red makes it look even better

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
lol the only time I've seen your truck was sitting in traffic but I loved it, it is looking fantastic! makes me want to get ahold of one and do some major work to it :)
Well If you want to work on mine go ahead :D
those h3ts are not cheap. specially the alpha ones wow and not even easy to find one., but it is one sweet truck that comes off road ready.

red makes it look even better

Ya I wish I could have afforded the alpha but the standard one with Adventure package gets the job done. And I do like how it looks in the pictures (red) but its actually orange just not when taken with an iphone camera haha

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Well Im just kind of double posting this since Ive been discussing the rack on two threads but for those interested I picked this up this weekend! I had to take the tent off the rack alone this morning so I could work on it. After crushing myself underneath it the first time I decided I would need another person to get it back on. I had to drill new holes and re mount the cross bars to fit the new tent but I finally got it together and had one of my buddies drive out to help get it on. Sorry for it looking somewhat rumpled I didnt have the back tied down.
a8f22e5f.jpg

91ead7e9.jpg

81a3fc33.jpg

60d511a4.jpg

102198b1.jpg

8202d82a.jpg

Token

Explorer
That is the slickest H3T I've seen.. First time I saw 'em I didn't care for them and I mostly still don't, but the bed rack changes the entire look of the truck.. I've sene one other one with a RTT, but they stuck it up on the cab and let it fold out over the front when deployed.. Having the rack over the bed gives stuff in the bed a bit of shade and protection from the sun.. Yeah I'm thinking ice chests..

The more I'm looking at it the more I'm digging everything about the setup.. Especially having the roof rack right beside you.. Could set a small propane heater up on the rack and have it pointing in the tent window.. Or a small AC unit if you're near electricity.. Put a ice chest up there and have access to cold water or what not at night without having to climb down.. Or just a place to toss anything you need out of the tent and still have decent access to it..

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Forget the truck......

I for one think that's a sexy tent you've got there!:sombrero:
Nice Howling Moon Tourer!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
God that truck is sexy... i would give up a LOT for a H3T alpha... that red looks SICK!!
Hey thanks! What part of Dallas are you from? Im in AZ during the year but in dallas visiting family every christmas and summer
That is the slickest H3T I've seen.. First time I saw 'em I didn't care for them and I mostly still don't, but the bed rack changes the entire look of the truck.. I've sene one other one with a RTT, but they stuck it up on the cab and let it fold out over the front when deployed.. Having the rack over the bed gives stuff in the bed a bit of shade and protection from the sun.. Yeah I'm thinking ice chests..

The more I'm looking at it the more I'm digging everything about the setup.. Especially having the roof rack right beside you.. Could set a small propane heater up on the rack and have it pointing in the tent window.. Or a small AC unit if you're near electricity.. Put a ice chest up there and have access to cold water or what not at night without having to climb down.. Or just a place to toss anything you need out of the tent and still have decent access to it..
Hey thanks for the positive comments! Ya I love being able to haul stuff with the truck bed but it really is a royal pain how there is no room in the cab for storage. Im eventually going to swap the back seat with a fridge and storage whenever I go camping but for now you are right the shade will help with the ice chest. I actually wouldnt have even thought about that! I always loved how the roof tents looked over truck beds and with it evening out the weight and still allowing the use of my roof rack for storage this seemed the most practical. Oh and I plan on using the ability to set things on the rack from the tent to the fullest! Always nice to be able to stay in your tent on a cold night!
I for one think that's a sexy tent you've got there!:sombrero:
Nice Howling Moon Tourer!

I am really impressed with this tent. From talking to the previous owner it appears this tent has seen a lot in its day including a curious elephant in Africa. (wish I had been there for that!) I expected the tent to be more worn but to my surprise it looks, smells, and feels brand new. Great tent! Now I just have to get out and use it

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Sorry everyone school started this week and things have been hectic but I will be posting more often again now!
I'm in mid cities, Bedford to be exact. Where's your family live that you visit?
Family is located on the border of grapevine and southlake really close
haha, if you fund it and I'm in your area I'll be glad to. I have worked on quite the variety of vehicles, but never a hummer...

btw, looking sexy with that RTT.
Ill have to save up and figure something out haha

Christ I can't stand people like you, who make the perfect dream truck I'd want. Awesome rig.
Thanks! Its coming together better than I had hoped. Im never going to want to get rid of it though!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
I went camping last weekend to test out the tent and get away from everything before school started.
ffd54c4e.jpg

0c4a2d48.jpg

Was planning on a quiet night reading an old copy of OJ and enjoying the view
55c8478f.jpg

76ab45a5.jpg

That didnt last very long when a group of ten girls throwing a birthday party stumbled upon my campsite and asked to see my tent. They then insisted I eat with them and celebrate. Who was I to turn down cake :D I went to bed early to watch the sunrise the next morning
30a8da27.jpg

8b9dfbbf.jpg

bd9b027a.jpg

be596d64.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94