Project STON, the scaled down 1 ton truck

Alltwistedup

Observer
Got myself all fixed back up and got a job, and their went all my free time for the last year. But it put some cash in my pocket that allows me to built when I have time. Blowing up the air compressor has not helped either.

Photos were all attached to Webshots.com when they changed formats all the pics went a way. Here is how it sits now and were it spends 99.9% of its time. The truck has been driven about 100 miles total in the last 2 years.
View attachment 167712

Not only was the truck a Fourwheeler feature but it was named on of the rigs to remember (with a more fitting photo). Fourwheeler is also using it for their advertising.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/featuredvehicles/129_1301_rigs_to_remeber/viewall.html

I have redone/done a few things:
Cap-roof rack supports and tie end's all painted with truck bed liner. I also put it together the way I wanted to the first time, but could not due when building it in a Lake Mead drainage ditch camping.
Cap is bolted to bed now, not clamped. I can grab the roof rack and twist the box/frame.
Roof rack is good to go - Confer refinished with truck bed liner and size changeable/ removable to get in the garage. Had it for 7 years in the shed waiting patiently for tlc.
Massive anti wrap bar on the rear end is done. 2nd gear dump the clutch off the light now.
Turbo spool up problem is fixed and is wrapped for heat build up. I am still not going to win a drag race with my tractor.
Air filter is relocated to on top of passenger wheel well 4" pipe all the way. Snorkel is figured out, but filter is almost at 4' off the ground now is 3' going to matter?
Water pump replaced.
Leaking oil plug removed this weekend.
Killer dowel pin fix, thought about doing a cam at the time but it can wait.
Winch motor is trashed not the solenoids so I need to order a motor.
A few other little items.

In progress:
First oil change
Stripping bypass oil filter out of the big truck to put in the s10.
Tunnel/ shifter heat shielding .
Truck bed liner sliders.
I have all the pieces to the on-board air system now just need to figure out how to mount the compressor (york 8cfm) and get my ac compressor back at the same time.
2nd fuel tank is in card board mock up +25 gallon to feed stock tank. 25g+20g =45g @ 25mpg = 2 potti stops then a potti stop/fill up.
Once the fuel tank is done the exhaust can be done for the last time. Dual exit around the fuel tank.
Complete remake of the rear bumper and its going to be BAD ***** lots of storage, better swing out tire carrier, lights, another piece to drool over. I drew it on a restaurant napkin.

It's a big long list on the fridge of items that are slowly getting crossed off. Most likely it will never be done as I have to active of an imagination and add to it more then take off.

The biggie while sitting in hotel rooms killing time I have 99% of the pop up camper structure figured out, material priced, weights, bla bla bla. I just need to quit my job so I have time to build it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier