The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

p nut

butter
p nut, that is from last August in Iceland. It is a section of really difficult trail by Lake Alftlavatn on the Laugavegur Trail that runs from Lanndmanalauger to Skogar, about 80 miles. A damn hard 80 miles.

In that shot you can make out the trail in the background. That was a good rideable section that was maybe a mile long. Prior to that the trail was a near 45 degree down hike through scree and ruts that were hip deep. Choss. It took me close to two hours to down hike and ride the 3-5 miles and 1000 feet of descent to that point.

That river in the picture....was no trickle. It was over knee deep and raging. Took a lot of courage for me to wade into that mess. What the picture doesn't show are the 45 mph winds that were rocking. Had it not been raining I would have been more inclined to try to get a better image. At this point I had been moving for about 16 hours and was pretty damn wooped.

So you're saying it was a proper adventure. Color me jealous!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
So you're saying it was a proper adventure. Color me jealous!

Proper. It pushed me to my ragged edge, which is why I do this stuff in the first place. I wouldn't repeat the trip as amazing as it was. Not that I don't want to. I don't think I could. On day 7 I crossed river number 40-something...barely...then collapsed in the rocks in a brief moment of sunshine. I woke up an hour later. Full on nap, backpack on, helmet on, shoes and legs soaking wet. Didn't matter, I was that tired.

muskyamigo

That is a custom pile of parts. It started life as a vintage Pletscher from the box of random parts. It's been flipped and has aluminum bar stock struts from the scrap metal bucket. It's held to the seat post with more aluminum scrap and part of a correctly sized stem from the parts bin. Been good for a season of riding.

Mike W

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
p nut, that is from last August in Iceland. It is a section of really difficult trail by Lake Alftlavatn on the Laugavegur Trail that runs from Lanndmanalauger to Skogar, about 80 miles. A damn hard 80 miles...
...Had it not been raining I would have been more inclined to try to get a better image. At this point I had been moving for about 16 hours and was pretty damn wooped.

That was a great article in OJ. I finally got to read all of it in one sitting and was really impressed that you did it solo.:elkgrin:

Ride safe,
Hans

Just got some new Vee Rubber Bulldozer tires on her, and a new 35mm Spank Spike stem. Ah, it rides soooo nice now. Can't wait to load her up again soon. Will get lots of kilometers on her when we move to Yellowknife, methinks. More proper pics as they come.

fatty.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior