Updated mine a bit since I posted here last,
700mm carbon bar,
Swapped my Magura Marta SLs for MT6, 180mm front and 160 rear
CB candy pedals
Nukeproof rear hub
Gatestar racing ralph on the rear, Nobby Nic evo on the front
ESI chunky grips
and a full bearing overhaul

I was putting a serious amount of milage on this, i'd estimate only 20% of it was trails, and I was wearing through tyres and bearings like there was no tomorrow, So I decided to get myself a new machine for the roads

While not technically a mountain bike, I have climbed out equivalent of mountains on it so I reckon it counts!
Full carbon, Ultegra where it matters (shifters and mechs) 105 cranks and chainrings
Enjoying it a lot at the minute, I can get so much more distance done in the same amount of time, great for improving my fitness and peddling technique. Not mad about the drop bars, but it could just take a bit of getting used to

warejn

Observer
1e882a1b6002d6dbf597dc1d50dd50e8.jpg

Putting a few miles in on the Lower North Fork Trail near Conifer, CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Nice ECRs you guys^^^ They are fun adventure bikes!

Spent a few days on the trail in the Wrangles. Here are some from McCarthy-Kennicott in Wrangle-St. Elias National Park. I took the old trail out from the McCarthy Creek to the Nizina River. Andrew's Bedrock Bags well rocked! Also shown with some of Eric's work at Epic/Relevate. Next time I'm bringing studs to ride on the Root Glacier. It looked like a white Moab.
20150714_150512small.jpg
20150714_153231small.jpg
20150714_132415small.jpg
20150714_132844small.jpg
20150714_132452small.jpg
20150713_162612small.jpg

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
work has been crazy lately...so the bulk of my rides have been at night....I almost prefer these rides to my longer day rides...something about the cool air and dead silence...much more wildlife...and rarely the need to yield:bike_rider:

Attachments

• _1wvD2YyvCXo-ElyXeHuipcoCC7JLU6ZMbeaaC_qDy0=s663-no.jpg
    _1wvD2YyvCXo-ElyXeHuipcoCC7JLU6ZMbeaaC_qDy0=s663-no.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 26

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
work has been crazy lately...so the bulk of my rides have been at night....I almost prefer these rides to my longer day rides...something about the cool air and dead silence...much more wildlife...and rarely the need to yield:bike_rider:

That looks like a metric ton of fun. I'm kind of looking forward to night riding again and it will be here before I know it.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
That looks like a metric ton of fun. I'm kind of looking forward to night riding again and it will be here before I know it.

:sombrero:, I'm starting some contract work in Sitka and Juneau this coming week and am looking forward to having a bunch of daylight after work...just need to figure out how to bring my bike with me...

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Nice both wonderful towns. My partner worked out of Sitka for years and many friends have migrated out of Anchoragua to Juneau. I'm sure I posted these before but I'm missing my single speed this summer. I still would not give up the Fatback, I wish I could try the new Pony Rustler or Sherpa for trail riding. masi 008.jpg
masi 009.jpg

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
My diversion for the next few weeks:

DSCF3187_zpsybihbzvk.jpg

Salsa Deadwood 29plus. Radness.

This is a ridiculously fun bike. I can't wait to load it up and hit the road. I've got a route in mind for mid August in Colorado that is perfect for this bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz