The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

Flagster

Expedition Leader
BTW I know my HuDu's are on backwards, it was my first inner city tubeless setup and my girlfriend was freaking out as Stans was getting all over the two room cabin we live in. I'm just lucky I can still keep my bike inside. I was not going to try to do it over, instead just going to run them into the ground.

HaHa...I don't know how many times I have put on tires backwards...when they are spewing sealant all over the place it just increases the **$&@^@%!*'s

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
My first mountain biking trip to the Chippewa National Forest in northern MN since 2005. I used to be a volunteer backcountry ranger here before I went to work for the MN DNR. My wife was hiking into the historic Joyce Estate "great camp" and snapped some good pictures of me as I went by, then taking out some blowdown. (May not be wearing the uniform, but I am always a ranger at heart).

Is that up by Bemiji? Never made it to that part of MN. Most of my rambles were in Superior NF.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
HaHa...I don't know how many times I have put on tires backwards...when they are spewing sealant all over the place it just increases the **$&@^@%!*'s
I meant to put the rear on backwards but I just was not thinking when the front one went on backwards.
At least the Stans cleans up some what nice off of wood floors.

JamesW

Adventurer
Heres my old bike,had it for 10 years,picture is from when I had just pulled it out and started getting out and about on it again

Then I put on hydraulic brakes I bought few years ago,new shifters and cables,a new front mech,chain and cassette and finally a set of tyres. Put another 100 or so KM onto it with the renewed bits,and started hunting around for new forks and a seat post,as well as a lighter seat post, stem and bars

Ended up buying this instead :)

It needed the brakes pipes swapped over,then bled,new pads, fixed the lockout remote for the fork, shifters adjusted, saddle clamps tightened,shock and fork pumped,chain and cassette cleaned and lubed, and finally the god awful red tyres ditched! Got it for a steal because the P.O. probably thought all the above would cost a fortune to put right. Only money I put into it was the cost of a shock pump and a set of brake pads,swapped the tyres with the ones I got for the Hardrock.

First real spin through tough enough trails let me know the 120mm stem was a bit too long,it steered like a quad bike,and it ended up with the handlebars in front of the dropouts on even a slight descent,so it sent me over the bars spectacularly. Got a 60mm nukeproof stem,and got the pressures for the suspension dialled in over the space of a few rides,and what I am left with is a bike that i'm really happy with

Needs a wash after yesterdays antics,and a new rear tyre soon and it will be good for many more miles I hope

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Wildflowers are in full bloom up here in Flagstaff...got out this past weekend for a nice loop around the peaks

Attachments

• IMG_20140816_084551_768.jpg
    IMG_20140816_084551_768.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20140817_105614_755.jpg
    IMG_20140817_105614_755.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 26

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
CuyunaAdv1.jpg

Have you ever had a photo jump up and say, "Take the shot"? This was one of those. I was sitting, taking a break at the overlook on Huntington Mine Lake and glanced up from my Clif bar. The lighting, placement and view were just too perfect to not take the picture. — at Cuyuna Country State Recreational Area. MN

Cuyuna Fishing Adventure. Cuyuna State Trail, and red gravel and dirt roads to various fishing sites. No bites, a few nibbles, saw a couple nice trout follow my lure, but no takers. Beautiful day!

Ride safe,
Hans

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Bikes and fishing...two of the most decompressing activities in life:)
I am planning a bikepacking fishing tour next year in the SW...have it narrowed down to a couple areas but maybe I should try MN:ylsmoke:

michel77

Adventurer
Soul Dillinger

Not sure if this qualifies since I'm running road tires but just finished this build and will get some knobbies on there for the winter :)

Look at that fork cap (and ignore the terrible bar tape wrap)! :victory:

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I know they aren't high dollar bikes but, they get the job done for now. Both older bikes on mine, however my wife now rides the Pacific and I am on the Schwinn. Just got a trailer to pull around the little human so should be getting back into riding more often now. Any recommendations for good bike/frame bags?

14934455608_91702201c0_b.jpg

15098028666_9bbc4d385e_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94