The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I shot this over the weekend. My buddy Greg on Hyamasa in Moab.

DSCF5319_zpsznzqwhlj.jpg

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Ryan, he loves it. He's one of my best pals, who like me, has been in the bike world for 20+ years. Adding to that, the guy is stellar on a bike. He rips. When he says he likes a bike, that's a golden endorsement in my opinion.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Ryan, he loves it. He's one of my best pals, who like me, has been in the bike world for 20+ years. Adding to that, the guy is stellar on a bike. He rips. When he says he likes a bike, that's a golden endorsement in my opinion.

Thanks Christophe that is certainly compelling, can't wait to ride one!

bluedog

Adventurer
Me and my trusted Scalpel in Sedona.

f8d43f6a6beb85f4fab54b70cf001501.jpg
One of my local haunts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
AZ trail

I think the Donald wants to build a fence around here somewhere

Attachments

• GOPR4434_1454980850709_high.jpg
    GOPR4434_1454980850709_high.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 24

CurtStyler

Observer
Hey everyone! I just bought a mountain bike a few weeks ago and wanted to show it off!

I used to bike everywhere when I was a kid and loved my bike through college until the frame cracked about 6 years ago. After that I just never got around to getting a bike again. I gained a few pounds and decided it was time to get some exercise again. I'm on the road a lot and wanted something that I could bring with me everywhere I go. That way, I don't have an excuse of not exercising when I'm traveling and it would open up new places to cities I have never been to before. More adventure, lose weight sounds like a win win.

I did a lot of research and decided a folding bike was the way to go for me. I put a lot of thought into bike racks, hitch carriers or disassembling a bike and storing it inside my car. Instead I opted for a Montague Paratrooper Pro folding mountain bike. The frame rotates about the seat post and the bike folds in half. Many of the reviews I read said the bike was very well constructed and would be able to support my 235 lbs frame just fine. They were right. This things is very solid and so far I love it.

I opted for the 2016 model which includes a nifty rear rack that doubles as a work stand and a redesign of Montagues locking mechanism. I've mostly been riding around town on paved trails for the past few weeks, building up my confidence on a bike again but I can't wait to hit some dirt with it. I do want to do a few upgrades, first will probably be new pedals since these are very slippery and not the best. Otherwise I think this seems like a great starting platform that will open up a lot of new places to me as I travel!

Montague Paratrooper Pro by Curt Styler, on Flickr

Clearwater Beach Montague Paratrooper Pro by Curt Styler, on Flickr

St Pete Montague Paratrooper Pro by Curt Styler, on Flickr

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
here she sits, Fatback Ti, xtr/saint, 1x10 with 1up Radr cage and wolftooth 32x12-42, Paul hubs 150mm TA and 170mmQR Velocity Dually 26"x44mm rims, Schwalbe Jumbo Jim Lightskins 4.0, Becker frame bag, Revolate Pika seat bag, feed bag, and handlebar roll, Bedrock Bags Tapeats, and Lauf.
20160712_204510small.jpg

jayspies

Adventurer
here she sits, Fatback Ti, xtr/saint, 1x10 with 1up Radr cage and wolftooth 32x12-42, Paul hubs 150mm TA and 170mmQR Velocity Dually 26"x44mm rims, Schwalbe Jumbo Jim Lightskins 4.0, Becker frame bag, Revolate Pika seat bag, feed bag, and handlebar roll, Bedrock Bags Tapeats, and Lauf.
View attachment 360645

Nice bike! 2 questions: How do you find the 44mm rims for 4.0 tires? Any squirm? And more importantly, how do you like the Lauf? Assuming it's a Carbonara. I am currently running a modified lefty on my Mukluk 2, but for the type of riding that I do, it's overkill. Chainsaw to cut a birthday cake. Would love to hear your impressions of the Lauf, as well as what kind of riding you do. Thx, Jay

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Nice bike! 2 questions: How do you find the 44mm rims for 4.0 tires? Any squirm? And more importantly, how do you like the Lauf? Assuming it's a Carbonara. I am currently running a modified lefty on my Mukluk 2, but for the type of riding that I do, it's overkill. Chainsaw to cut a birthday cake. Would love to hear your impressions of the Lauf, as well as what kind of riding you do. Thx, Jay

1. Yes I do get tire roll in corners. Part of me wished that I would have built up b+ or 29+ for my summer wheels, but I ran what I had. 3 summers on the duallys, 2 on HuskerDu and one on JJ 4.0 LS. I was all into the fat coolaid back then and for fatpacking and long single track tours that tire combo works very well. If I'm riding single track and general fun trail riding the tire rim combo is mediocre. I never really had the right bike for our xc trails. My old bike was a monstercross SS rocking full ridged and dirt drops. None of my friends ride normal bikes for these trails so I fit right in with the Jones spaceframe, 1x1 w/ 26+ dirtwizards, and fargos.

2. So far I've been happy. You have to think of it as a soft ridged fork or you will hate it. I think they shine on fatbikes for long days in the saddle and lauf grit looks like it would be awesome on something like the Salsa Cutthoat, Trek 920 disc, or Specialized (don't sue me) AWOL. I've been happy with the fork and the only thing I miss from my ridged fork are the mounts for anything cages. This bike is used year round on mini-epics and fatpacking. Multi-day beach rides to winter trails like: Iditarod, Knik-Chickaloon-Nelchina, and Haessler-Norris Trails, and summer trips like: Powerline Pass, Devils Pass, Resurrection Pass, Johnson Pass and Hatchers Pass and if I'm lucky a trip back into the Brooks Range. Anchorage and Whitehorse have amazing single track trails, and this bike rides them well but just not as nice as a Salsa Horsethief or Pony Rustler would. I did have a friend at the Bike Collective break his Lauf 29 fork right at the crown race. Sheared it right off with a clean break. Lauf is treating him well with the warranty. He road his 29 like he still had his Fox on the front, so there is that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior