The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
My 2012 Volcanic Vx7 29'er. Volcanic is a small, Seattle-based custom fame builder specializing in bikes for law enforcement and EMS. Frame is "beefy" as one of my ex-cop, Adventure Cycling tour leader friends said, but it is guaranteed for life. SRAM x7 drivetrain, WTB seat, wheelset and Nano-29 tires. TruActiv bars, seatpost and crank. Nice, tough build. Panniers are my old set from the Russia trip. Rest of the kit is a Kelty Gunnison 2 tent, Thermarest pad, LL Bean 3 season synthetic sleeping bag in compression stuff sack. (I am getting a new sleeping bag this year and a Relevate Designs Sweet Roll bag to put it in.)

Bike is marked for the volunteer USFS bike team I am a part of but it is my own, not the taxpayers' bike. Visitors pay a bit more attention when I am telling them about trail, camping, ATV (etc.) rules when my bike resembles the markings of forest ranger's truck rather than something with "Stumpjumper", "Wahoo" or "One **************** Speed" on the side. :elkgrin:

Vx7Loaded.JPG

Ride safe,
Hans

Last edited:

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
FORM_Love_9.jpg

Gotta figure out how to do that on my MTB!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
How are you liking the new Salsa? That looks like a fun bike all around.
I am completely hooked on the Bucksaw. I've now ridden it on the trails in Sedona, the desert trails of the Black Canyon trail system, the buff single track in the pines of Prescott and now Slickrock in Moab. It seems to excel everywhere I take it. When I find a trail where it really thrives, it is incredible to ride.

There is a slight compromise to climbing speed on long sustained climbs, or on steep climbs, but it doesn't require a desperate effort. I just gear down and settle in with a comfy cadence. Riding with guys on standard 29ers I do fall back on the climbs but I totally crush it on the downhills.

If anything, it's just a fun ride. It's so easy to ride and inspires tremendous confidence when entering technicals terrain. It crawls over steep ledges with so little effort it's weird.

Since the beginning, bicycle innovations have always been motivated by becoming faster, lighter, with the emphasis on performance. The Bucksaw is a high performance machine, but you can feel immediately that the soul purpose of the bike is to create a fun ride experience. It is so much fun to ride.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Awesome review. I know a few locals here that have their eyes on them...to me it looks like a capable and FUN ride all around.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Weather has been great here in N. AZ for getting out for some dry condition fat biking...
Last week in Walnut Canyon...little bit of Flagstaff loop trail...little bit of AZ trail...some forest road riding...
Good times:bike_rider:

Attachments

• IMG_20140406_103542_445(1).jpg
    IMG_20140406_103542_445(1).jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20140406_105830_317.jpg
    IMG_20140406_105830_317.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 52

Gooseberry

Explorer
Seeing how chris has a Bucksaw and I cant get tell fall I just ordered a XX1 Spearfish so the pug is up for sale and the Krampus . both medium also my wife's pug small might be for sale also

Last edited:

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398742748.066589.jpg

Really enjoying my first year with a mtb. Have probably around 900 miles on my giant trance 29er. Here is a shot from folsom lake this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz