The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

JamesW

Adventurer
Here is my latest machine, 2014 Kona Honzo 29"

It came with some upgrades, 140mm RS Revelation, 32t Raceface narrow wide, SLX brakes and a dropper post.

Made a few changes to it, hope 40t expander ring, Candy pedals, Hans Dampf front tyre, tubeless conversion, scored some Magura MTS 2015 brakes on ebay for a song.

The steel frame is really forgiving, and while I still notice i'm riding a hard tail, I feel no jarring like is common with alu hard tails. Short chain stays and fairly aggressive geometry make this bike great fun to throw around, and helps cover up the fact that it has big wheels. Find it more manoeuvrable than my XC bike on switchbacks when climbing, but not nearly as fast going up the hills. Took a bit of getting used to the 1x10, but a few rides, and a bit of practice of grinding in the big ring on the road bike and it feels a lot nicer now.

Next I think i'll cut the bars down a bit and put on a shorter stem, seems to have a bit of an ape hanger feel to it at the moment with the 760mm bars

cactusjk

Explorer
Great looking ride! Sounds pretty heavy compared to a Beargrease I had a while back. Thoughts on the weight? Definitely a lot more affordable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fortel

Adventurer
Great looking ride! Sounds pretty heavy compared to a Beargrease I had a while back. Thoughts on the weight? Definitely a lot more affordable...

36.1 lbs with the Bluto. Then add weight of spare tube, levers, multi-tool. Still working on which pump to carry. Its lighter than the Surley Ice Cream Truck Ops my LBS owner just got but definitely heavier than some of the more high end fat bike options out there. But with my vision issues and age, going fast holds no interest for me anymore. This bike is about being able to get back in the woods and explore on two wheels, and this bike is going to be perfectly capable of doing that within the budget I had to work with. Plus, I'm pretty sure after this first 10 mile loop that going fat is going to be a whole big pile of fun. Brought back the feeling of my first mountain bike, a Ross Mt. Whitney that I bought 30 years ago, and being able to dump pavement for fire roads and trails.

cactusjk

Explorer
That is what it is all about!
36.1 lbs with the Bluto. Then add weight of spare tube, levers, multi-tool. Still working on which pump to carry. Its lighter than the Surley Ice Cream Truck Ops my LBS owner just got but definitely heavier than some of the more high end fat bike options out there. But with my vision issues and age, going fast holds no interest for me anymore. This bike is about being able to get back in the woods and explore on two wheels, and this bike is going to be perfectly capable of doing that within the budget I had to work with. Plus, I'm pretty sure after this first 10 mile loop that going fat is going to be a whole big pile of fun. Brought back the feeling of my first mountain bike, a Ross Mt. Whitney that I bought 30 years ago, and being able to dump pavement for fire roads and trails.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader

This is great glad you like it! Your trail system look like a ton of fun, way to get after it.

fortel

Adventurer
Its about 16 miles divided into 4 sections. Some of it was built years ago and is getting long in the tooth but my trailbuilding group is steadily bringing everything up to sustainable IMBA standards. I'm gonna try to hit my other local trail this weekend. Its only 4 miles but way more technical.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have (sadly) been off the bikes for some time. I have been wanting to get back into riding, and with my cardio and overall physical conditioning at an all time low...I decided I needed a kick in the pants to get going.

2 weeks ago I picked up a 2015 Giant Revolt 0 Adventure Road bike. Not a cross bike, more like a hardy/rugged compact road framed big tired disk braked...um almost cross bike. It is loaded with Ultegra, FSA and some carbon bits as well as a mix of Giant's own parts (bars and stem etc). I must say, it is light and fast, 2 x 11 drivetrain and a sweeeeet DT Swiss wheelset with Giant Branding.

Tweaked my knee the other night while riding it on the trainer in the garage. Ugh.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/revolt.0/20529/80029/

Andy G

Adventurer
00ea24d9f85a0a193a684b8bb5803c15.jpg

My Pugsley in KramPugs 29+ mode on a portion of the North Country Trail in Northwest Lower Michigan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94