Bug out trailer

MIhunter

Answer-- a metric ton of them depending on how you mount. That trailer is just an expo rig with a different name. It looks to be the size of a M416 which most use behind jeeps and smaller vehicles with less towing capacity.

I run a modified M101A1 that has 10 scepter fuel/water can mounts on the tongue box alone. When I say tongue box, it is 48in long. You could fit 50-60 in the bed if you really wanted to. Add a full roof rack like my current project and you can fit even more. You could even fit a 20-30 gallon fuel cell between the rails. I keep my weight close to the front to prevent sway at highway speeds.

FreeManDan

Adventurer
I've thought about the same concept before, but for me I was thinking more like people who live in areas where they might have to evacuate because of forest fires. My brother usta live in Arizona, and our uncle has a cabin west of snowflake, and if I lived there (and I sure would like to) I would go with a truck bed trailer with a topper. I would load up a sparse selection of valuable, a 12 pack of MREs, 14 gallons of water, 31 gallons of fuel (I have 3x5 gallons and a flow-n-go), and what ever amenities I can just stow in the trailer year round like tools ect.
The same concept could apply to people living in areas where you might need to evacuate due to hurricanes...I all ready stock up on some 30 gallons of fuel even though I have no plans to evacuate, in my area it is rather unlikely...god willing:costumed-smiley-007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles