Watches - ExPo Style

Allof75

Pathfinder
My Overlanding/EDC watch

I personally have had a Casio G-Shock Mudman (G9000-1) for about two years, and it has never missed a beat despite being taken through rainforests (didn't even fog, unlike others), deserts, mountains, rivers, and being worn every day. It's extremely durable, well constructed, relatively inexpensive, and I think it looks nice enough that it makes an excellent everyday watch that you can take exploring with you on the weekends. It has an excellent lighting system, with an auto function which detects when you're checking the time/date and will turn the backlight on automatically. It also has all the standard timers and such that you come to expect with digital watches these days.

My only gripe is that it loses about 5 seconds a month, so if you're a bit time obsessed, I suggest you get the Atomic version.

Overall, I highly recommend this watch, and am extremely satisfied.

I picked it up for $80 on Amazon in 2010, and it can probably be found cheaper by now.
attachment.php

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Was just looking at my watch collection, and I am thinking of parting with a few to enable me to buy another. I have 2 for sure that I think I am going to sell, possibly 3?

1. Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay SMA125 as seen below. Watch is in 9/10 condition and was worn as a dress watch only for about a year. It has been worn only enough to keep it charged since... kind of a waste of $900.00 is you ask me.

SMA125-2.jpg
(not my picture, but similar condition)

2. Fossil "Twist" me103 as seen below. This one is in 10/10 condition as I have only worn it a couple of times. Not sure what I want for the Fossil... would consider trading both for something "interesting"?

Attachments

• fossil_me103.jpg
    fossil_me103.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,021
Suuno Core all the way. Got a military version from a boyfriend as I was heading overseas. Almost lost it to bribe luggage onto an airplane, but got away with a cash bribe instead. :)

Very solid watch. Dependable and durable. ABC (altitude, barometer, compass). Alarm clock which is a life saver. All around a fantastic watch for very, very rough conditions.

Ramjet

Explorer
Suuno Core all the way. Got a military version from a boyfriend as I was heading overseas. Almost lost it to bribe luggage onto an airplane, but got away with a cash bribe instead. :)

Very solid watch. Dependable and durable. ABC (altitude, barometer, compass). Alarm clock which is a life saver. All around a fantastic watch for very, very rough conditions.

Always great watches, own several myself. Your photos are great. I was admiring your photo of the Backwoods Osprey Backpack. I worked at the Backwoods in Fort Worth, TX. Which one did you get your Birthday Present at?

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
Atomic and wordly

I have always been a Timex guy but when my last watch broke and I was working in a small town there were limited choices. I bought a Casio Wave Ceptor. It has the self setting ability with the atomic clock and has what Casio calls "World Time". Every time zone is in there so you don't have to reset when flying, just scroll through until you get to the right time zone. Some of the new ones (http://waveceptor.casio.com/watches/mens/digital/2, look at the last one) can talk to five different atomic clocks around the world (depending on your location). Kinda cool for such an inexpensive watch! When I buy a watch I put it on and it doesn't come off until the battery dies (or it dies). After twoo years this watch is holding up to a fair bit of real world abuse.

Inexpensive, accurate, reliable. My definition of good equipment.

:wings:

VanIsle_Greg

Awe man... now I have been looking at the Suunto Core Black...ugh, want. Thanks a lot all... more watches...

targa88

Explorer
My only criticism of the Suunto Core, is that in my experience the battery only lasts about a year.

Recently I have been using a Citizen Eco-Drive WR200. Charges itself (sun light powered)

VanIsle_Greg

20121023_155104_zps8cb2abfa.jpg

20121023_161843_zps89cc1657.jpg

Arrived in 2 days, not bad. Wife received it...didn't say a word... phew (lol's). Not that she really would, she just doesn't get the whole "I have 8 or 9 watches" thing??

First impressions, it is just fine for clarity and being able to see the display (for me). LOVE the fit...feels like an old friend or your fav pair of slippers, like it has been around for along time. Easy to set up, backlight is great, big watch but fits me perfectly.

Booyeah!!

VanIsle_Greg

A simple watch with good visibility... always a solid choice. I still think my Seiko Divers is my all time fav for those very reasons. Rugged, solid, water proof to way more than I am and it just works. Oh and its an automatic, so no batteries ever.

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
2012 started off with a bang... Company I helped build and worked at for 16 years closed its doors, found a new job, found out my wife and I were expecting our first child, turned 40, and said F*#K it I'm buying myself a new watch!!! Oh yeah, and my wife her dream car!!!

Misc - 40th Bday, Cabin, Camping, Belly 075.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles