Watches - ExPo Style

rolando

Observer
I tend to "destroy" my watches very easily and was looking for a rugged but not too expensive one. The one I found holds up *very* nicely and looks still like new after one year - it seems that Casio knows how to build robust watches with the G-Shocks :)

514NkeTu0QL._SX342_.jpg

I love the all-black style and the multiple time zone feature because I travel a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/G-Shock-GA-100-1A1-Combi-Military-Series/dp/B0055QDL6E/ref=pd_sbs_watch_3

ssapach

Adventurer
I've been wearing a Swiss Army Cavalry model for 8 years now. Haven't had any issues yet, and it shows the scratches and dings from being worn daily, including dots where metal sparks had melted themselves into the crystal from welding. But it keeps on going. I like it because it's simple and fairly low profile compared to other watches I have worn. Only issue is that it generally requires a new battery every 12-14 months on average. I try to replace the battery every year so as not to be out somewhere for work when it decides to slow down and stop on me.

P404323.jpg

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"redneck44
Just picked up one of these, not much in the way of features, but its big and tough, I hope."

Post 61- yep works fine !

bogotaOFFRoad332.jpg

Picaro

I wear a Casio Men's PRW2500T-7CR Pathfinder Triple Sensor Tough Solar Digital Multi-Function Titanium Pathfinder Watch. Link to Amazon Page.

Overall it is a great watch and I enjoy the features even though I do not have any use for most of them. I like the rugged design of the watch but I do feel the Bezel paint chips of or scratches too easily and the band scratches easily. However the watch itself runs fine and it has taken a beating in the year I have had it. The button placement is fine for me but a little awkward as I wear it on my left wrist. I also need to take a link off as it is just a little too large for me but I would not hesitate to recommend this watch to anyone. I do believe they make a Casio Pathfinder that is polymer or plastic that has the same placement which is what I intend to buy for a more daily wear watch.

I prefer digital watches with many features and I really prefer atomic watches as I like to keep the time accurate with my friends. But either way I suggest giving it a look if you like. Amazon was the cheapest place I could find the watch.

New User Name

Observer
My go-to hard use watch is an Omega Speedmaster X-33. Sure it's straying from the original post's intent, but I've abused mine with no adverse effects, the alarm is loud enough to wake the dead, and it has plenty of timers and options to keep track of extended adventures.

IMG_0206.jpg

rolando

Observer
I bought a G-Shock GD 350 a couple of weeks ago. It is robust (as any G-Shock), good looking (stealth), and has direct access to the countdown functionality from the lower right hand button (good for expedition tasks ... oh, wait ... checking the time of a half of a soccer game ;-)

IMG_20130731_061955.jpg

Quill

Adventurer
I use a Seiko automatic daily and for most non harsh jobs then I switch to a MWC which seems to be some type of military watch. Got it with a box of watches at an estate auction. Don't know much about it. If I don't care what time it is quickly then I carry a pocket watch. I must have a dozen watches, wrist and pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles