Watches - ExPo Style

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
at this point I have enough to outfit 3 octopi...im a watch freak. I love them, inexpensive, expensive, don't matter as long as they are cool.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I had a Seiko 5 watch with the glass back and the green band for a year or two, liked it. I caught the band on the bumper of a humvee and it broke. Watch fell to the ground and the back shattered. Not entirely the watches fault but I won't be buying another.

Thinking maybe Seiko diver, good Japanese automatic. Like the Hamilton's but too much watch for me.

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
my Seiko 5 has the stainless bracelet with the orange face. I love it. Plus you can watch it wind through the back window. I cannot fault the watch at all for your mistake. Thank god it was a 100 dollar watch. I took a spill on my bicycle with my rolex presidential on. That was a butt pucker moment! I went to hop up on a curb, but mis timed the "hop" and got the front wheel right on the edge, down I went. Opps!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I recently picked up a Red Line Compressor world time watch for a kicking around watch. I got it on sale on Amazon for what I thought was a good deal... $56.00 and shipping was only $15.00. They then sent me a refund of $8.00 recently for a brokerage/shipping rebate? Interesting.

Water resistant, world time, 24 hour time and standard numerals, date and easy to read. Good thing too, I just broke the strap on my Suunto core. Booo....

VanIsle_Greg

Thanks. Yeah I dig it too the more I wear it. Simple, big numbers and easy to read. The only drawback...the luminous dots and hands are pretty weak. Looses light pretty fast.

My wife says the strap looks like licorice.

Casio, tough solar.
Alarms, world time, date, weekday, digital display, large numbers, water resistant.
Anywho, best part, solar powered, robust, very affordable. I never take my watch off. This has been one of my favorites. Have a citizen as well, for the special occasions, but this is my daily. IIRC this cost less than $30 I think

2e22b301fe9845ae519d15a81ad28809.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

Was in San Francisco for the past week at a conference, and JUST about pulled the trigger on a Casio Pathfinder Pro Trek PAW5000-1

paw5000-1_xlarge.jpg

Had her down to $300.00 which after looking online was a good/fair deal. Nice features and a handsome watch, better looking in person and on the wrist. Side note, got a Kreyos Meteor in the mail, it is a crowd funded smart watch. DO NOT BUY ONE, it is a piece of junk. No really, stay away. RUN away actually.

Its for sale too if anyone is interested? lol

:coffee:

Owned them all. Luminox is by far my fav. We'll, not all but many!

Keep it simple. Classy, yet functional under the radar look. And you will spot other luminox owners who " get it" :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles