RTT Questions...........

Bear in NM

Adventurer
Just a thanks for inspiration

James,

I just wanted to thank you for the inspiration I needed to fire up the old sewing machine. I am working with canvas material for a cover for my lid which opens from the back end on my 4.5 x 6.5 bed trailer. I had hacked up tarps and had things roped and tied together, but seeing this thread and your build thread was enough to encourage me to fire up the sewing machine. Several days later, and many wandering thread lines later, I have a repectable cover that I can set up in just a few minutes.

I am not sure if my wandering stitch lines are more from the weight of the material, not having any pattern or just much drunk sewing, but it was fun. I actually sewed together a carry bag with straps, and that was done inside, with lighter material, and actually looks pretty decent. So thanks again for inspiring me to relearn a long lost skill. Now if I could just learn to weld....

Craig

If you can find that thread, I'd be interested in reading through myself. Post it up if you can.

When you start things, be sure to post a link to the build thread from this thread. Otherwise it's really easy to miss things on a site this big.

Cheers.

Trevinator

Great stuff here! I will be posting up as I go...........

Thanks Wood..........Now I may just buy there replacement top, ladder, and basement...... And just build the base! :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior