1984 Ranger Roll A Long Pop Top Camper

toyfunraider

Observer
Many of you discovered this when it was for sale in Grand Junction Colorado. I purchased this over a year ago and now have to go in a different direction.

The solid fiberglass camper box is set onto the frame of a long bed 1984 Ford Ranger 2wd with fake dual rear wheels. It is a V6 2.8 with auto trans rebuilt by the previous owner but continues to leak. The mileage showing on the odo is about 130k. Upon purchase I began with a full tune up and timing of the engine improving performance. This spring I replaced the rear axles, bearings and seals. Mechanically the truck has always started but once when in need of a new battery and runs though ritch. The leaking heater core replacement solved the over heating and provides plenty of heat. Mechanically this is no jewel but for the right Ford enthusiast it is a clean rust free chassis. My intention was to remove the camper and place it onto an F250/35o SRW, PSD but that budget is no longer possible.

The selling feature is that the lower section is solid and sits on the chassis with two high hats. The pass through doesn't cut into the roof using the existing opening of the rear window. Unlike a chinook the box should transfer with relative ease.

The pop top is operational but is in need of TLC. Some wear holes exist in the fabric and the screens are in need of replacement. Where the hinges mount to the lower section above the windows is sagging. This could be reinforced if the interior is gutted. The side windows are without screens.
To make the interior work for me I removed the couch installed a vinyl flooring and rebuilt the base. The top of the couch was modified with a hinged top for better access below. The vinyl extend into the storage below the couch for easy cleaning.
The coach battery was also replaced with an Interstate deep cycle and moved to an interior closet. I installed the battery in board to improve winter performance using a vented case and replacing all wires to the truck battery and isolator using heavy gauge wire.
The RV has an on board propane tank that operates the 2 burner stove and heater ( not sure of the size). The water tank and pump have been removed but the stainless sink remains. The existing tank was nasty and only 8 gallons. It only includes a built in ice box (no three way fridge)

Asking $2200 OBO SOLD

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:

toyfunraider

Observer
Additional pics, Bump

Some newer pics.

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 618
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 536
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 647
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 504
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 543

toyfunraider

Observer
Spring must Go sale

Bump:

I will be back in Colorado in April to sell the RV. Got busy moving stuff back east after I thought it was sold. Too costly to ship cross country to continue project need to move on to something new.

Listed again on Denver Craigslist; No reasonable offer refused.

timzim

Observer
I saw this at the Wal-Mart on 119 tonight -- free bump to the top! It's not really what I'm looking for, but it's definitely a neat looking truck. You can park it at my house if you need a place to stash it (as long as I can take it camping this summer!).

GLWS!

toyfunraider

Observer
Now that I have For Sale signs on the camper I have had many people looking any time I'm parked. Wish someone would make me an offer, this would make a great project. Perfect to move onto a 4x4 Powerstroke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94