Nitto Trail Grappler

txflyyaker

Observer
In the market for some new tires. Need some feedback on the new Nitto Trail Grappler Tires. Nitto is coming out with a 285/75/17 size for the Trail Grappler. I have the 295/70/17 Terra Grappler which is ok for most outings but looking for something a little more aggressive when it gets soupy. Thanks for all replies.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I can not say enough great things about these tires...I ran them on the Sportsmobile WAVE which was 11,000 lbs and put 35,000 miles on some 295/70/17 (I think) and never had a flat/issue of any kind, running them on every kind of terrian and condition.
Then I went to 35's and loved those even more, especially with such a big van it gave me more sidewall to work with.
The Nitto's handled really rough/sharp rock just as well and sloppy clay/mud.

Great tires that never let me down, and when you consider the stakes when taking disabled people to the backside of beyond, failure carries too high a risk.
rontablemesa-7.jpg

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
What I'm reading on the diesel forums is for the Trail Grapplers to induce a squishy feeling that my Toyo Mt's had for 500 miles or so except that it never goes away. On the Dodge's also it's been reported to cause a slight left drift unlike the Toyo Mt's tendency to induce a right drift. The Toyo's can be cured with a pressurized steering stabilizer,but the Grappler guys seem to be stuck with it.

The 285-75-17 on an F-150 would be ideal size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz