Project Offroad Kick Scooter

Started with the rear brake today. Will head to Austria tomorrow after i finished the brake. I think i`ll charge my GoPro, maybe i can get some good footage...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
We want pics Steinez!:Wow1: Give us some crazy footage of you going down some steep inclines....:drool:

Here`s a picture of the rear brake assembly:

8148519ddy.jpg

The scooter has about 20km on it, without any problems. I think i`m going to paint it soon...

Here`s a picture of me arriving back in the valley. No pictures of the gravel roads, because i was there alone...

8148518evn.jpg

The brake sure got a lot of use:

8148520auq.jpg

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Cool build!

I used to love going scooting with my kids when they were little.

I've got a neat scooter with large solid rubber wheels on it - I'll try to dig up a picture.
It's called a Xooter - maybe it would make a good platform for the MK2 version...

Post more pics!!

Cheers
Mark

Last edited:

fowldarr

Explorer
most of the weight is probably in the tires and rims. I'm thinking you would have to find lighter tires. Why not just carry a mountain board?

I could use some platic wheels, but i chose the steel ones because the brakes get hot and would melt the plastic ones. And i think they hold up better...

The weight is fine for me, i can carry it without any problems...

violadav

I am soon buying a scooter for me but i am very much confused in self and kick start.My friend told me not to buy a kick scooter as it gives trouble and kick is to be replaced after every 2 years.Is it so? I am in very much mood of buying kick scooter,pleas clear my doubts and suggest me what should i buy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior