New Chaser Kitchen

New Horizons Overland

NEWHORIZONSOVERLAND
I like the design! I have questions though,

1. How much weight can that rack hold?
2. Will the rack, propane tank, propane rack, and kitchen case be sold as a complete unit?
3. Will it turn further than 90 Degrees so that you can cook under a fiama awning?

Thanks guys for continuing to push the boundaries of trailer design!!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Not what I was thinking, I was thinking australian.
We have played with the idea of a pull out kitchen, they are very cool. The issue is when you fold them away they take up a considerable amount of the inside storage in the trailer.

If you think, in basic terms, that a trailer is used for additional storage capacity then it's a big sacrifice to give up any internal storage. Internal storage is dry and dirt free and at a premium.

Placing the kitchen externally maintains inside storage. It's the same concept as putting a roof top tent on a trailer, it doesn't use internal storage room the way a pop up camper does.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Martyn, do yall have an estimated cost yet. Also, what versions will you be offering. (ex: case set-up only)

We will be offering a stand alone kitchen case. Right now we are working on a bracket that would allow you to hang it off the inside of an existing tire carrier.

dsy

Adventurer
If you think, in basic terms, that a trailer is used for additional storage capacity then it's a big sacrifice to give up any internal storage. Internal storage is dry and dirt free and at a premium.

Placing the kitchen externally maintains inside storage. It's the same concept as putting a roof top tent on a trailer, it doesn't use internal storage room the way a pop up camper does.

Very true Martyn :iagree: Thats the same logic that led me to locate my kitchen outside and it has worked out great so far. I really like the lighter weight of your box.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...for-another-m101-build-up?p=946427#post946427

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles