New Chaser Kitchen

JPK

Explorer
That is really a slick design, I like the box concept. But, I have to ask about the safety of hanging a propane tank off the back of the trailer. I only ask this because me and my M416 trailer got rearended once. Fortunately the Honda was riced out and lowered so it slid under the trailer. The *** end of my trailer came to rest where her windshield met the roof.
Had it been something with substance, say an F150, lord knows what could happen.

Really am interested in the price of the setup.

Wouldn't bother me at all, might make tailgaters a little more wary though!!!

grimbo

Explorer
That is really a slick design, I like the box concept. But, I have to ask about the safety of hanging a propane tank off the back of the trailer. I only ask this because me and my M416 trailer got rearended once. Fortunately the Honda was riced out and lowered so it slid under the trailer. The *** end of my trailer came to rest where her windshield met the roof.
Had it been something with substance, say an F150, lord knows what could happen.

Really am interested in the price of the setup.

I think you'll find you would at worst get a big whoosh of propane and that would be it.

GI_Jeepin"

wander looking to get lost
I think you'll find you would at worst get a big whoosh of propane and that would be it.

Big whoosh huh? If the valve breaks off in an accident, the trailer owner has just inherited a 5-10 pound missle. Thats not the worst of it though. Lets hope the idiot that ran into the tank doesn't go up in flames. afterall, the tank does hold a compressed, flamable natural gas.

grimbo

Explorer
If the force of the accident is enough to crush the tank then yes a whoosh. It's very unlikely to do a Hollywood explosion.

pappyjeep

Per the AT website:
Chaser Kitchen:

A Baltic Birch Shelf can be fitted to the top of the fender to form a kitchen area. The shelf is large enough to be used for food preparation and to hold our two burner gas stove.

In addition to the Baltic Birch Shelf a Stand Alone Kitchen (SAK) can be added. The kitchen unit is housed in a waterproof lockable case, has a slide out two burner propane stove, cutting board, with room left to house kitchen utensils. A 10 lb propane cylinder and propane bracket can also be added.

Stand Alone Kitchen: Cost: $795.95
Stand Alone Kitchen with 10 lb propane cylinder & Bracket. Cost: $999.95

The SAK can be mounted to a rear swing away that opens up 120'. Used in conjunction with the Baltic Birch Shelf it creates a full kitchen on one side of the Chaser trailer.

The swing away version of the kitchen consists of:
Swing away, waterproof lockable case, slide out two burner propane stove, cutting board, 10lb. Propane cylinder and bracket.

Swing Away and Stand Alone Kitchen. Cost: $1945.95

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online