Catches, latches, handles and other petty door furnishings...

Sirocco

Explorer
Ok a bit of an odd one. All the threads relate to builds, axle weights, chopping up old jeeps etc. Couldn't find anything specific. I know it sounds petty, but Im after some advice.

well, I have a well built ex MOD Sankey trailer. the PO did all the hard work making the body. He used Gravelly Latches which just fell apart on the trail due to them being a rivet on design. So I was going to use AntiLuce latches like a Land Rover series tailgate, but the petrusions would probably get in the way so now im set on Over Centre Catches which seem to be low profile, have options for padlocks etc.

what do you recommed? what have you used? what failed? I have simple cylinder locks installed allready, but it needs something take the weight/pressure of the door opening.

Onto handles - will plastic ones degrade under UV? we dont get much in the UK but when we finally get to OZ I dont want them falling apart. Also, how do they fair in the cold? we will be going cold places before we get to OZ to. So i was looking at recessed metal ones. any opinions welcome.

Lastly, seals. The PO put seals in way too big and you really have to push the door to get the catches over. how do i correctly measure the door aperture for seals and what are the best type? do I go with regular rubber automotive seals? how about that closed cell neoprene stuff? options, opinions welcome.

1st time builder with little experience so go easy :coffeedrink:

just painting the chassis and working on the internal design at the minute. got 3 new 255/85 KM2s on wolf rims ready to roll though :drool:

cheers

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior