Storage bumpers?

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
Hi everyone, first let me tell you my set up (nothing unique) - 2007 Chevy Crew Cab (2WD), front hitch, rear hitch, matching white ARE topper, truck box inside of bed against front of bed, 4 foot by 4 foot X 10 inch wooden carpeted storage box ( I made, turned out excellent), portable winch to plug into receivers front and rear, side rails on cab of truck and topper, to mount my Thule Hullivators to haul my kayaks...I tow a 2007 Fleetwood Niagra with an axle flip which gave me six more body inches of clearance, solar set up, generators totally self contained for boondocking.

I am trying to rig my truck for alot of off roading (nothing severe like rock climbing) or the Rubicon. Several years ago when I had a Jeep Wrangler (I miss my Jeep) I saw a manufacturer that built bumpers with storage inside the bumpers for Jeeps and truck alike. I can't find anything like that on line accept Jeep bumper ends that have storage in them. I would love a storage bumper for front AND rear, especially rear...I know about Alumalite bumpers, and may have to go that route, but $2400 is way more than I want to pay. Does any one know of a manufacturer that builds bumpers with interal storage? Any help is much appreciated. BTW this site is the best one I have seen for such topics.

JJ

74Pickup

Hi I've been gone for a bit, but I built my own rear storage bumper similer to a bed tool box but with a receiver in it. it works great but i do get condensation in it just like a bed box does. it is steel with diamond tread top, also I put backup lights in it.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Find a local welder and have one built to your specs.
I would be aware of the front air bag censors, the rear is unlimited,
Like was stated before condensation forms and will rust anything steel
left inside.

Lets see some pictures of the truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online