Hankook Dyna Pro experience?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Anyone have them? Pluses/minuses? How do they wear? How do they perform in snow and dirt?

I need new tires this week. Default choice is the BFG AT KOs like I have now but if I can save $40/tire without losing too much performance and longevity, I'd be tempted. The Dyna Pros look good, nice big voids to give it off-road performance.

I'm curious about how they do in the "real world", though, especially interms of longevity. I've found I can expect at least 50k from a set of BFGs, if I can get similar longevity from the Hankooks that's the way I'd go.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Had a set of the AT/M's on my Land Cruiser. Great road manners and took them off road some too. Sold the truck though with only about 4k on the tires and saw no noticeable wear.

Off road on gravel they performed well, also took the truck on Broken Arrow in Sedona. Ran street pressure (40 or more) and didn't spin a tire on the slick rock or on any ledges.

Overall I was very pleased with them, though I cannot vouch for longevity or hard core rock crawling.

C-Fish

Adventurer
I have logged over 33K on my FJC (265/75/16). Great road manners, quiet, balance very well. Look like they will go another 25-30K.

Just got back from SedonaFest (logged over 350 miles off pavement), ran Crown King to Prescott via Senator Highway. Broken Arrow, Greasy Spoon and Soldier Pass, also did a 105 mile overland route.

Great tire. No issues!

Am looking to replace with the same in a 285 when ready.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Well, I'm committed now. Just ordered them from discount tire, will have them put on tomorrow.

I was going to stick with the BFG AT KOs (which is what I have on there now) but they seem overpriced for what they are. I'm saving about $20/tire by going with the Hankooks, over $100 savings with tax figured in.

Originally wanted to go with a 235/85/16, but they didn't have any in stock and wouldn't until next week. Since I'm going to Crested Butte over the Labor Day weekend, I need new tires now so I am sticking with the 265/75/16, (current size.) Not much of a "sacrifice" really, as much as I like the lower price ($10/tire cheaper) of the 235/85's I have to admit I like the "fat" look of the 265/75. It looks especially good on the 4runner, IMO.

Thanks again for the input! I think I'll like them.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Good choice...
I have had a set of the Hankook Dynapro MT or Maximum Traction tires for about a year. They are an excellent tire, the rubber compound is similar to the the AT but I believe a little softer. My tires are wearing evenly, balanced exceptionally well with minimal weights (amazing for an MT) and perform well in all conditions.

The AT was the tire I was looking at, but got such an amazing deal on the MT's new I could not pass it up! You will not be sorry you went with these. I have a near new set of the BFG AT KM2 on my trailer, and honestly...while they are a good tire, I don't think they are the same quality as the Hankook? Just my opinion, but they seem... soft and the sidewall seems, too flexible.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Good choice...
I have had a set of the Hankook Dynapro MT or Maximum Traction tires for about a year. They are an excellent tire, the rubber compound is similar to the the AT but I believe a little softer. My tires are wearing evenly, balanced exceptionally well with minimal weights (amazing for an MT) and perform well in all conditions.

Exact same story for me! 25,000 miles and they're barely half worn.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
A number of LR3 guys have them and really like them for traction and wear. Sidewall strength seems to be less than Nitto Terra Grappler, Cooper Zeon LTZ's or the BFG KO's

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Got the new shoes on Saturday. Took some pics but haven't downloaded them yet.

I had them mounted with the white letters out - I know some people think that's ostenstatious, but I like it. Besides, with that big Addicted Off Road Cow-catcher on the front of my 4runner, it's not like I'm trying to blend in! :D

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
We want pics....We want pics....WE WANT PICS!!! :elkgrin:

This is all I have for now. Better pics later:

2011_0827_172745AA.jpg

You can see a little more of the tread here. It's really an aggressive looking tread, hopefully it won't be too noisy but since I'm driving to Crested Butte on Friday :wings: I guess I'll find out.

2011_0827_172808AA.jpg

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I think most of the reviews were on the Mud Terrain's not the All terrains, never the less both Hankook tires are having great reviews from the people and both have appeared on the magazines !

Nice looking tires, I also have the Mud terrains for a while and I have been very happy with them; that I am know working in getting the same size and wheels on my trailer.

C-Fish

Adventurer
...It's really an aggressive looking tread, hopefully it won't be too noisy but since I'm driving to Crested Butte on Friday :wings: I guess I'll find out...

Looks sharp!

I'm going to run white letters out next time...

Tires will be dead quiet for your drive :smiley_drive:

Orndorff_24

I have the dynapro at's and they have been great. Even wear, quiet, and they seem like they'll last awhile. I've got 20,000+ miles on them.
One thing I can add is that the first few weeks of having them on my truck it felt like I was driving on ball bearings. Steering wheel was exceptionally easy to turn. As the tires broke in that sensation went away. My uncle has them on his F350 and he felt the same thing.

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Hankook tires

Martin......... I ran these tires on high speed gravel roads in northern Quebec last year ...twice, many hundreds of miles with no problem....... then there was that little trip this past spring to the Mojave desert and Death Valley all the way from NYS...... Ya mean you never saw what tires I was running??? Ha! you will like them, they will be on my truck for the Moab Expedition next year with you, Scott, Ted (and Harley) Scott's dad and who knows else. Stay safe, Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online