Alaskan Slide in camper

Overland Hadley

on a journey
c10.jpg

Blair W

The "seller", Mark, is on the expo forum. He might comment. (I believe that, yes, the camper is free to a good home).

Mark first posted up about this Alaskan here on expo, and also on craigslist, probably about a year ago. I recall going to look at the camper in November of last year. Or, could it have been two years ago?? It might have been. Anyway, as Mark states, the camper is in rough shape. I demurred on taking it off Mark's hands. However, having recently finished refurbishing a not-quite-so-far-gone Alaskan, I now think that Mark's Alaskan might be salvageable. In the end, its just plywood and 1" framing. However, it would require a lot of work. Still, its a neat old camper and worth saving; hopefully some one is interested in taking it on.

Blair

Blair W

For the current models, Alaskan quotes 1740lb for 8' cabover and 1940lb for 10' cabover.

The one you posted, on the Dodge, is a 10' cabover. Not new and I don't know how much difference the weight is on that older one versus a new one. Probably not much. Alaskan's haven't changed much over the years.

I usually figure my 1973 10' non-cabover Alaskan is about 1700-1750lbs, but I've never actually weighed it.

Here is a link to Alaskan specs: http://www.alaskancamper.com/pricelst.htm

Scarter

Refurbishing

Just picked up a 10fter non cab over,need to replace front upper wall,any ideas on how ? got the screws out and the window

ScottReb

Adventurer
If you have any Alaskan questions, go to the source. Bryan at Alaskan is awesome! He will answer emails and chat on the phone. I was up there last month and he had an older Alaskan that was getting some refurb. He also just reskinned/repaired an exterior. He will answer any questions you have and tell you how things are put together. Im pretty high on the Alaskan. Got one being built as we speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles