Scamp

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
We were camping over the weekend on Natootely Creek and met a nice couple that have a mid-80's Scamp. It's in average condition for it's age but certainly could use a little more than just love to keep it sound for use on our semi-maintained roads.

Jason is an instructor at the Ranger base so it's mostly going to be up to Lisa to get this project in order. I told them that the ExPo community is a great place to start.

Her first project is the front window. Does anybody have any Scamp experience?

The frame could use some Stumpification too. It should get some beefing-up, new axles, hubs and wheels to match either his Taco or her Explorer.

And, for when they register, welcome aboard; it was fun camping with you.
BTW, we had a bear the next morning down by the river. It scrounged around for about a half hour before Jessi woke up and scared it away.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Sounds like a fine candidate for a trailing arm and airbag/hydro damped set-up. A little frame plating in the right spots... Im up for a side job.

~ Stump

java

Expedition Leader
the Scamp's are all fireglass so it shouldnt be too had to cut in a front window, getting a curved one might be a bit trickier though

haven

Expedition Leader
In my experience, Scamps with the couch in the front already have a front window. The models that have a closet or bathroom in front lack the window. A window on the front of the trailer is more prone to leaking, and to damage from pebbles tossed up by the tow vehicle. So adding one there may not be a good idea.

Whatever...The place to start is by contacting Scamp http://www.scamptrailer.com They can provide guidance, and probably can sell the curved window.

Here's a medium length video of a restoration of an '80s Scamp trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W638vr-6tN8

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Sorry, Chip; it has the bunkbeds in front (dogs sleep on them) and already has a window that leaks (I think).

It's a cool little trailer ---- that I can barely fit in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier