Kirkham's awning

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Any awning will let water down the side of your truck from the roof (attached to the roof rack). It's not enough to get you wet at all, but you can't hang out in the rain with your doors open (my nightime pic is a drizzle...not heavy rain). Just another thought, but I have mine more for shade than rain protection. Are you looking for rain protection or shade?

Wyowanderer

Explorer
Any awning will let water down the side of your truck from the roof (attached to the roof rack). It's not enough to get you wet at all, but you can't hang out in the rain with your doors open (my nightime pic is a drizzle...not heavy rain). Just another thought, but I have mine more for shade than rain protection. Are you looking for rain protection or shade?
I'm looking more for shade than rain protection, but I doubt I'd buy it if it wouldn't do the latter at least a moderate amount. I have a short overhang on the back of the camper; I'm confident it'll work well in that spot.

SWbySWesty

I think it did just fine in the wet. I had one pole lower for runoff so it wouldn't pool up. For the price, it can't be beat! I don't get a lot of rain in socal.

SWbySWesty

I don't know offhand exactly, but about 6foot is accurate. Then account for droop in the middle and it's just under 6 foot at the poles (higher near the vehicle). It's meant to be sat under like in most of the pics.

Besides, most awnings will only be as tall as your vehicle is...I think that's more limiting than the size of the poles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne