Expeditioning and Expedition

bob91yj

Resident **************
3/4 ton Yukon/Suburban 4x4, 01-06, would meet your needs IMO. Enough load capacity for most anything you could pack in it, and still have some grunt left over to pull a trailer if you end up going that way. If it's not going to be a commuter car, I'd opt for the 8.1L engine, but the 6.0L engine will get the job done.

Off Duty

Adventurer
Look into the older Suburbans. If you can find a diesel model in good condition all the better.
Plenty of room for everyone/thing.

hammerg26

SE Expedition Society
For exploring and off roading, I would really consider the 97-02 4WD with the 5.4 litre.

We had one for a few years and she had 120K miles when traded, and was GREAT. No engine problems, no tranny problems, meticulously maintained... burned NO oil, etc.

I took care of it, and it really took care of us. We traveled all over the back country in northern Arizona chasing freight trains with it, and it was fantastic.

Ours was a 1999, 5.4 4WD loaded Eddie Bower.

IMG_3932.jpg

P1000305-1.jpg

Gorgeous truck... PM inbound...

HotrodSmurf

Observer
That maroon masterpiece just decided that I'ma get a expedition. Shame too cause I'm going to lose my a** trading in my jeep and looked at expy's initially and my wife hated the size, so we compromised and I'm stuck with a Jeep I hate that my wife NEVER drives drooling over a picture of your ford. Brovo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior