Warn PowerPlant owners - anyone fab a plug for in-cab controls?

brasskey

Observer
Has anyone with PowerPlant made a plug for the remote input in order to have in-cab controls for the winch and compressor? I came across someone that used to make them on a forum (http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6203) but he doesn't make them anymore. 12Volt Guy has the panels, but I can't find another source for plugs. The poster has a pretty detailed walk-through, so I can tackle it if I need to. But, I just wanted to see if anyone knows of a source before I dive into it. Thanks.

dsy

Adventurer
I was lucky enough to get one of the plugs John made and it has worked great. If I had not gotten that I would have just bought another remote from Warn and cut the controller off and hard wired it in.

Doug

brasskey

Observer
I was lucky enough to get one of the plugs John made and it has worked great. If I had not gotten that I would have just bought another remote from Warn and cut the controller off and hard wired it in.

Doug

I didn't think about cutting off a controller. That might be the way to go. Thanks.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
I don't know how the connector is on the winch, but I'd look seriously at replacing it with a standard socket, replace the end on the controller with it's match and install a socket in the cab. I think it's utterly stupid of Warn to use proprietary connectors. Ok, smart for them (because you have to buy them from Warn) but rude to customers.
A lot of people just mount SPDT momentary switches in the cab to run their winch. Since you need to control the compressor it would take more than one switch.

md_rubi

Doug

im getting around to installing the wire but i am having issues connecting the wires. the wire colors seem to be different from the instrustions.

toymaster

Explorer
Here is the diagram from Warn. Just make sure you realize which way to look at the plug per the drawing or the wires/pins will seem different. When it says "wire side" it is the side the wires are soldered to the pins.

Attachments

• WiringPowerPlant-5.jpg
    WiringPowerPlant-5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 58

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne