Receiver racks and tables

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Strange looks and questions

I work on the trailer in my front yard am my two daughters play close by.
We live in a small town where everybody wants to know your business,
People drive by and gawk, walkers stop and ask what I am making?

When I reply they have a puzzled look!
I Just told a couple that it is an umbrella with a 1080 pound stand.

I work on all my toys, do my own home remodeling and my own yard work.
My neighbors think I am weird!

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Mark:

Ignore the helpless!!!!

Due to bad back I do not do as much as I used to but I still do alot of work on my trailer. I design parts and oversee fabrication (to the annoyance of the fab guy). I still paint my own house, do repairs to cars and house, build rifles, and generally do as much work as I can.

All the neighbors in my subdivision kid me about doing all of this and say that I am too old and should hire everything done (as they do).

Funny thing is, guess who they go to for help when something goes wrong???

The odd thing is the guys all come hang out in my garage and drink beer and ask what I am doing to the jeep or the trailer.

We are an innovative, independent lot and proud of it. Keep up the great build.

P.S. I quit saying bugout trailer and switched to camping trailer. They already think I am the crazy old guy on the street.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Don, you are funny!

I get the same thing from the neighbors wives after they destroy something they work on.

I work at a large sign company, when I bring cardboard templates and drawings into my co workers they look at me weird.
They make what I need and get lunch from me. It is not until I take the trailer or finished itm to work that they understandmy madness.

I work with 20 skilled welders and fabricators but they are in no means creative. They drive off the lot cars and motorcycles with no personal touches.
I can't leave anything alone or original. I need to Harleyize it all. Wait until I get the camp kitchen tables and RTT built and mounted. I will take a picture of the look on thier faces.

elsensei

Observer
offtopic

@HenryJ-

that sig quote about speed is actually from Deke the mechanic in the opening scene in "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry". I only know this because I happened to see that movie for the first time last night, being a Dodge Charger enthusiast. :)

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
@HenryJ-

that sig quote about speed is actually from Deke the mechanic in the opening scene in "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry". I only know this because I happened to see that movie for the first time last night, being a Dodge Charger enthusiast. :)
I have no doubt that is the origin. Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry - 1974 , Mad Max - 1979. My quote is from the scene where Max and his wife stop to get the spare tire fixed. The sign is in the window behind the mechanic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online