Project WAR WAG

Outback

Explorer
Hi Guys. I do appologize for the long absence. I have sinced moved to Arizona and have been completely swamped at work. Im on the road over 300 days a year and not much time at home. BUT........ When I do get home sometime in the next 3 to 4 weeks (been out in the field for 5 weeks now) I promise you that I will finally get my 4" O.R.D. lift installed with TONS of pictures to boot. Hell I might even throw in a video or two! So hang in there and I will update this as soon as I can.

Outback

Explorer
I believe Im at at around 16 to 18 MPG. Thats with 4.56 gears and running highway speeds and around town combined. I will do a MPG test after I get the vehicle lifted.

The Dana 60 "King Pin" is the best Dana 60 you can get. Its super strong and very reliable. They make just about every traction device known to man for the Dana 60 from Detroit locker, OX Locker and the ARB locker. There are also a slew of limited slips for them as well. If there is anything else you want to know just ask. Im no expert on the Dana 60 though.

Outback

Explorer
024.jpg018.jpgHere are a few pics taken back a few months ago. I found out that the AK and RPK fit in the CUCV run racks. Just in case you wanted to know........

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I keep a 1895 Guides Stainless in .45-70 for bear repellant as well. Too bad I don't have the nice rack. If I come into some extra cash, I want to get a bobbed deuce. That should have a rack, or room for one...

BurbanAZ

Explorer
nice truck, i love those military trucks with the diesel. I always go back and fourth on putting one in my 3/4 ton suburban

Outback

Explorer
I picked it up for about 2,000. add another 25% for tax and auction fee or so and fuel/trailer rental I guess I was into it for about $2800 to my door step. I was VERY lucky. They new "procedure is to used a HUGE fork lift to move these trucks around. When they do the bend the rear drive shaft whick craks the transfercase and dents the hell out of the sides of the trucks. They had just rearranged the entire fleet of DRMO vehicles when I arrived to pick up mine. The guy was using it to run around the base in. He had new batteries put in (still in her) and had a good bit of burning oil in the belly. I was just glad they didnt use THE fork lift on her. I have been looking for a M1009 and another M1028 to date (and its been over 2 years now) I havent found one that has not been damaged by a fork lift! IDIOTS! If I do buy another one it will be off of CL or Ebay. Do yourself a favor and let someone else fix it up and buy it from them.

Outback

Explorer
UPDATE: While I have been working out in the field (South Dakota,North Dakota and Minnesota) I have been doing a bit of shopping at night on the old Lap Top in my hotel room. I have since found and purchased a newly rebuilt Banks Turbo charger for a Banks Sidewinder Turbo kit for the 6.2 diesel. I also found an almost complete Banks kit just minus the turbo. That includes the exhaust system as well. A call to Banks and a new set of gaskets were sent out and are now waiting for me at home. I will be into my complete Turbo kit $714. (not including shipping). So far not bad. Since I will be running 37" tires I needed to add a steering box brace. A call was made to "Off Road Designs" and they have sent out there great Bolt on steering box reinforcement brace. They also sell a weld on brace. I may add that at a later date when I do the High Steer cross over steering mod. Well thats about all for now. I hope to be home by the 4th of July. I plan to start the build that next Saturday (7th). I will keep you posted. I am currently in Fargo ND. If there are any fellow EXPO members close by send me a PM. Coffee on me.

Last edited:

Outback

Explorer
Just purchased some new shoes for my baby. I pick them up Monday on my way home.44525637_gl_large_thumb.jpg44525647_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

37x12.50x16.5 I have 7. I will mount at least one if not two as spares.

Outback

Explorer
TURBO.jpgMy new turbo. This turbo has been completely rebuilt and is in as good as new condition. $300 is a smoken deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94