New Toy: 1972 Mercedes 0 309 Omnibus

rbgerrish

Nee-nuu Nee-nuu!
I've almost finished the paint, and I purchased to rest of the skin to finish the rear door. Diesel tank is back in after being cleaned. Pics soon!

rbgerrish

Nee-nuu Nee-nuu!
Pretty much done! (Well, as done as it'll be for Mogfest)

7741478506_c641ed0d4e_c.jpg

7741477014_d167dda576_c.jpg

7741474742_fee5fd4843_c.jpg

7741474110_3f7e6e5332_c.jpg

tip

Adventurer
forgive me if I missed it, but are you rattle canning or actually spraying that OD?

looks great!

rbgerrish

Nee-nuu Nee-nuu!
forgive me if I missed it, but are you rattle canning or actually spraying that OD?

looks great!

Thanks!

I rattle canned the whole thing with Kylon OD and Krylon Flat Black. Easy, and I can change it around whenever I like. :)

I also just picked up a free RV A/C unit this morning.

CLynn85

Explorer
This thing is so cool, can't wait to see what you come up with for the interior.

You know, there was one of these that was more of a cutaway chassis with a european looking camper on the back around a year or so ago in the local pick-a-part yard, I had no idea what it was at the time, but now that a couple of these style trucks have been popping up on here, I wish I had taken a closer look/photos!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Ryan's van made it to Northwest Mogfest this weekend, where it got many an envious perusal.

Ryan himself was pretty busy as he had to honcho the incredibly death-defying Haflinger slalom race--

Image00017.jpg

that's Ryan throwing personal safety to the wind by standing in front of Jim Molloy's ground-shaking Haffie--

while still saving enough energy to constantly run up to collect the suspiciously huge number of items he won in the Saturday night raffle.

Seriously, Ryan, congratulations on the skill shown on the 309--it looked great--and thanks, as always, for the contribution you make to keeping NWMF such a super event.

rbgerrish

Nee-nuu Nee-nuu!
I have bled the clutch, and it works great now! I also found out that the tranny is a 5 speed- it has a Krawler gear I wasnt aware of! Makes getting it onto the trailer much nicer. I had a chance to get it out on a long stretch of road, and got it up to 55mph GPS certified. :) Video coming soon.

squeezer

Adventurer
It's a shame Camper Mog isn't mobile; we could have staged a "speed contest" . . . and no one would ever know. :sombrero:

I was staring at the turbo motor last night Mike...

CamperMog WILL be up for a race one of these days. It won't have a cool Pinz inside however. (It will have an R80 G/S hanging off the back for good measure!)

Cheers

CB

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I was staring at the turbo motor last night Mike...
And I was staring at our trailer yesterday afternoon, Chris.

As I always say, it's a total bummer you have to work for a living. We sure could fill the time up easy. :sombrero:

Good to hear from you. Keep calm and carry on.

squeezer

Adventurer
And I was staring at our trailer yesterday afternoon, Chris.

As I always say, it's a total bummer you have to work for a living. We sure could fill the time up easy. :sombrero:

Good to hear from you. Keep calm and carry on.

Words of wisdom right there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles