What is the best tent to put on top of my trailer??

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
You have never really indicated how much you are willing to put forth on this tent. It may help narrow the field if we had a ballpark figure.

I would also like to throw out Camping Lab. Their tents are good quality (as well as the awnings) and they are on they way low end of the tent market in terms of pricing. I was skeptical at first and purchased an awning. I was very impressed with the quality as well as the great customer sevice (Kudos to you Fernando!). When it came time to buy an RTT, there was no other choice. I bought the largest they had and with shipping across the country, it was only $1300.

I have used the tent 5 times already, including one weekend with heavy thunderstorms in the SIerras and have had no issues at all.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
trailer tent

I have had an OVERCAMP on my trailer for over 12 years. It sets up in less than five minutes. Many other RTTs take much longer to set up.
The real advantage to the OVERCAMP is that it only uses half the roof rack as other RTTs use the entire roof rack. That really gives you more options to carry more stuff.

I have attached a couple of pictures and there is an video of setting it up in my travel blog.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• LoneStarRoundUp2009006.jpg
    LoneStarRoundUp2009006.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 24
  • LoneStarRoundUp2009004.jpg
    LoneStarRoundUp2009004.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member