Fishing around Maryvale,Utah

matt marquardt

Adventurer
I've fished further south outside of Hatch but was wondering about streams and the Piute Resevoir further north.
Tried an internet recon but the reports seemed old and inconsistant.

If anyone is up that way the last week in September....

Matt

matt marquardt

Adventurer
Struggling with the pics....

Just north of Marysvale.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 10

flywgn

Explorer
Nice looking water. Sevier R., I presume. Did you find fish?

We were north of you, waaaay north in Logan Cyn and then up on the S. Fork Snake.

Allen R

flywgn

Explorer
Nice looking water. Sevier R., I presume. Did you find fish?...
Allen R

Guess those photos answer my question. Pretty river and pretty fish. We've spent the night just off Hwy 89 south of Hatch (nice copse of trees on river left on BLM land within sight of hwy) a couple of times. I've seen nice rising fish there, but each time I've been without a license. Now that we've moved permanently to Idaho, we don't make those frequent treks from here to Prescott.

I did stop in and talk to the folks at the fly-fishing shop near there once and picked up some information, but I haven't yet availed myself of their services.

Thanks for the report.

Allen R

matt marquardt

Adventurer
We call that stand of trees "the grove". Mammoth Creek was'nt what we remembered....lot more folks living back there.(fished it 12yrs. Ago)

really hoping to go back next year.

matt

matt marquardt

Adventurer
Is living in Idaho a bit'o heaven?My inlaws previously lived in the Owens Valley and I can't imagine living in a better place.I wish posting pictures wasn't so difficult for me.

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles