Hummer Picture Thread

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Awesome pictures guys. What kind of mileage are you getting with these? I'm getting 13 now with my DD and don't want much less. I'm torn between and H1, new JKU Rubicon, and a Power wagon. Price range is +-40k so i'm hoping to pick up an H1 that isn't too much of a beater.

REDROVER

Explorer
Awesome pictures guys. What kind of mileage are you getting with these? I'm getting 13 now with my DD and don't want much less. I'm torn between and H1, new JKU Rubicon, and a Power wagon. Price range is +-40k so i'm hoping to pick up an H1 that isn't too much of a beater.

for 40 grand u can pic up ok running H1 but consider this that u may have to put another 10k on maintenance ( benefits are , H1 will never loose its value , in fact prices are going up very fast , its an amazing machine , truly LIKE NOTING ELSE , off road performance of it is amazing , and its diesel. U can put all your camping travel gear and still have room for more )

rubicon and power wagon are on the other hand amazing trucks also , they are faster than the H1 parts are everywhere UNLIKE the H1. they cost less, u can park em on the street ,

H1 comes with city bus seats with chiropractor design , so the ride is excellent , on the h1 u dont need any modifications to drive anywhere u desire .

if i was u i would try to own all 3 of them haha all 3 of them are American ICON trucks and very well made

IF U LIKE TO BE LOW PROFILE H1 IS NOT THE TRUCK FOR U, H1 STANDS OUT ANYWHERE U DRIVE

H1 turbo diesel with 38 inch tires will do 16 mpg in the highway and 11+ on the streets,
H1 non turbo diesel with 37 inch tires will do 14 on the highway and 11+ on the streets depending how u drive .

also keep in mind that H1 IS a toy not a DD , even tho i drive one of my trucks as a DD but i much refer driving my range rover .

Eric

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Hmm i'm not sure I want to spend $40k on something that will be just a toy...Especially if i have to dump another $10k into it for maintenance. My commute is only 5 miles so that wouldn't bother me that much, but I plan on taking some long road trips so it would have to be comfortable for that.

16mpg isn't bad at all, i'd definitely run that as a DD. I think thats better than the power wagon actually.

The price is killer though, i wouldn't want to be fixing it constantly if i paid that much up front. I guess I have some work to do so I can get into the position to afford another toy. Thanks for the info!

SARguru

Observer
all my 3 h1s were daily drivers. The 1st a wagon i drove across canada and back i put 20k miles on it in about a year. since it was still under warranty i was taking it for service at the dealership and that got pricey. The 3rd truck a 2dr was out of warranty when i bought it and did the service myself and im by no means a mechanic. I bought the service manuals and went from there. Apart from brake pads and rotors i didnt have any issues. And that truck i put about 40k miles in just under 2 years. They can be hard on ball joints and idler arms. I would definetly own another. the only downfall i had with h1s is that they dont offer the most cargo capacity which is why im currently sticking to a burb. With 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs the h1 wont leave much room for gear unless it goes on the roof or in a trailer.

Nic

Abntroop

Observer
744fb14301cc0c53161a10fa93126379.jpg

183eb4e012d92d0cb24438d4a4047351.jpg

df865609a0e95b6b3a82d5f7a612643c.jpg

8d2acdac70d91f01562a57b51a4b50e5.jpg

Egan70

Observer
This thread is seriously lacking in H2's! Here's mine from camping this past week. I think I have about run out of space for gear - that's why I'm on here researching M101 type trailers. Of course, I carried 5 people and their gear plus tents and food for 7.

REDROVER

Explorer
H1s having fun

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 63

REDROVER

Explorer
More play time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 60

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
H1 the HUMMER, all others are just a wannabe. Lol. I enjoyed driving them when I was in the service. Can they get stuck? Yeah. Do they articulate well? No. if I could afford one id be all over it.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

REDROVER

Explorer
Haha lots of ppl don't even know that H1 is made by AM GENERAL
H2 and H3 made by GENERAL MOTORS

100% different

However the other hummers are very capable also and I am happy to see them being used for what they are made for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier